GearGambler

AC Condenser Upgrade

I have the original condenser in my 94GT with 248,000 miles on it. Needless to say, it is BEAT UP. I can't imagine it flows very well. 

I was reading that in 1996, the cobra had some cooling issues. In 1997 Ford released an updated design to the condenser. The 1997 condenser should fit with very minor modifications to the hose connections (need to be slightly bent to align). 

I'm having a REALLY tough time finding the part number for this upgraded design. I'm on my 3rd condenser ordered and returned because it's still the old fin design. Can someone help me with the correct part number for the new design? 

Example of the stock condenser:
Stock94Condenser_zpsyrxjsmbb.jpg

Here is the upgraded design:
SpectraCondensor97Cobra_zpstreyb42w.jpg

As you can see, the fins on the new design are much like a radiator. They are supposed to allow much more airflow compared to the densely packed fins on the stock condenser. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

Where'd you end up finding it @GearGambler

Michael Plummer on the corral had one. I'm planning on updating my blog with everything once I tear into it.  Life just keeps on happening though.. Car has been on jack stands since the weekend and I haven't touched it yet.  

Here's the part numbers:  Motorcraft YJ-396 A/C Condenser YJ396 F7ZZ19712BA

This :should: be it.  Like I said, I got if from a private sale:  https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-1997-1998-Mustang-Condenser-Y7ZZ-19712-BA/dp/B01B3KTPA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471309268&sr=8-1&keywords=F7ZZ19712BA

Blog is updated after some NASTY traffic today.  AC on blast the whole time while logging with the Quarterhorse and Binary Editor.  Check out the numbers.  BIG differences!  

http://geargambler.blogspot.com

Let me know your thoughts / feedback!