Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

yah that's why I just bit the bullet and had them do it lol. should have them back tomorrow! maybe running by the end of the week? if not this week definitely next

haha thanks for the encouragement! Anyone know how to clean up valves? I've heard varying processes included a wire wheel but htat seems way to extreme for the valves???

Finally done with college (whoop whoop) so time to update this motha fuggggin project log!

Well after taking the heads into the local speed shop to get em taken apart, the reassembly began (and went a shitload smoother than the disassembly)

Hellllo to new valve springs =D Comp Cams 985-16. Open pressure of 346lbs, perfect for a mild 302 =D

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-985-16

Along with a .015", .03", and .06" shim kit to get my installed seat height to be 1.8"

2012-12-06_15-45-04_53.jpg

2012-12-06_11-39-03_315-1.jpg

I assembled the first one before taking pictures just to make sure I wasn't going to get frustrated with it =D

-Complete tear down of head, remove valves, valve stems, and valve springs. Numbers written on the head are the install height for the valve spring. Each valve spring needed a shim underneath the valve seat before the springs were installed.

2012-12-06_11-31-51_997.jpg

2012-12-06_11-31-35_445.jpg

Valve spring shims in place

2012-12-06_11-35-51_54.jpg

Reassembly of seat, and valve seal

2012-12-06_11-37-08_75.jpg

Valve spring install:

2012-12-06_11-49-46_532-1.jpg

2012-12-06_15-25-36_356.jpg

2012-12-06_15-25-52_916.jpg

2012-12-06_15-28-04_404.jpg

2012-12-06_12-37-41_101.jpg

2012-12-06_12-36-59_618-1.jpg

2012-12-06_15-40-28_16.jpg

Finally time for assembly!

2012-12-18_14-41-52_556_zpsb0ba74a9.jpg

Lacked pics here, guess I'll take some more today =D

Installed my MGW while I had nothing else to do!

2012-12-19_00-33-37_674_zpsfa72ecce.jpg

2012-12-19_00-33-30_70_zps9b9c0a7d.jpg

haha she's a little bitch. Currently it is BBK long tubes and O/R x pipe with borla stingers and a 90* bend out the side. Gotta rework it once I get my side skirts painted and figure out tips but that's down the line!

Well figured i'd make a little project list for the new year and maybe try to keep up on updates since now I have a nice camera and zero reason to not take pictures of everything I do haha

-Install motor mounts. Energy Suspension motor and trans mount kit. I've needed these for almost a year and it's finally to the point that I cant drive the car due to unbearable vibrations

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-4-1124r/overview/

-Install battery box and cut off switch. Going to put the switch behind the license plate and fab up some brackets so that I can fold it up and down to access it. Similar to the 80s cars with their filler necks in the trunks

-Install 90mm LMAF and new 4" intake pipe

-Retune

Hopefully my car will finally produce the numbers I've been praying to see. After this I'll probably just end up driving it for the summer without any major mods. If I end up wanting more power immediately, my car is going to be seeing a nitrous plate ;]

-Paint/body work

-Rear end build

Haven't decided yet the direction I'll be going with this. Most likely an eaton unit, 31 spline, 3.73s, etc etc

-Rack, pinion, and steering shaft

If I can't find a flaming river unit, then a remanned or low mile terminator rack with a MM Solid Shaft

Motor mounts shouldn't be hard. I'm just gonna jack up the motor from the pan with a block of wood and the energy pieces have alignment dowels on them. Should be simple enough!

Well figured i'd make a little project list for the new year and maybe try to keep up on updates since now I have a nice camera and zero reason to not take pictures of everything I do haha

-Install motor mounts. Energy Suspension motor and trans mount kit. I've needed these for almost a year and it's finally to the point that I cant drive the car due to unbearable vibrations

-Install battery box and cut off switch. Going to put the switch behind the license plate and fab up some brackets so that I can fold it up and down to access it. Similar to the 80s cars with their filler necks in the trunks

-Retune

Hopefully my car will finally produce the numbers I've been praying to see. After this I'll probably just end up driving it for the summer without any major mods. If I end up wanting more power immediately, my car is going to be seeing a nitrous plate ;]

-Paint/body work

-Rear end build

Haven't decided yet the direction I'll be going with this. Most likely an eaton unit, 31 spline, 3.73s, etc etc

If I can't find a flaming river unit, then a remanned or low mile terminator rack with a MM Solid Shaft

Sounds good, keep up posted. :)

-Retune

-Paint/body work

-Rear end build

I just installed Energy's with the new motor and they look like a solid piece. I had poly mounts on the old motor and they worked well, huge improvement on vibration considering the old rubber ones were completely crushed at the time. Also, where did you get your LMAF conversion plug? Still need to get one of these.

I just installed Energy's with the new motor and they look like a solid piece. I had poly mounts on the old motor and they worked well, huge improvement on vibration considering the old rubber ones were completely crushed at the time. Also, where did you get your LMAF conversion plug? Still need to get one of these.

Awesome news! Can't wait to get these puppies in now! the recent drop of temperature from 60* to 20* has killed all motivation once again =[

I got mine with my LMAF. My buddy has been having the same issue as you trying to find one. BOI used to sell them But I dont know if they do anymore =\ If you end up having to crimp and make your own harness end I can let you know what pins you need to use!

Thanks bud! For everyone that was asking, here are the links:

if you wanna wire it in

http://www.promracing.com/wiring-accessories/6-pin-4-wire-pigtail.html

if you want an adapter

http://www.promracing.com/wiring-accessories/4-to-6-pin-adapter.html

No update on the headlights yet, still haven't gotten to the autoparts store to find the window sealant. But as I do, picking up some new things for new projects =D

Should have some more pictures later. Per usual, expect a thorough write up for anyone who wants to follow!

8389672175_1c6c284b6d_b.jpg

I can't wait to see the progress! Makes me want to get mine done too. Just need a console.... lucky mofo. Now seeing the console I can retain the factory foglight switch where the coin holder is. I completely forgot that was there. Looks like that'll save me some money and time, thank God.

Finally cleaning and painting the console tomorrow as we're going to be having great weather in Michigan, 45* whoop whooop!

Also coming soon:

-Cobra Steering Rack and Shaft (thanks javi!)

-New OEM cobra front bumper! Going to be doing the body work on my old one myself and hopefully just selling it for more than I'm picking this one up for =]

Anybody need a header panel and a cobra grille emblem???

Finally cleaning and painting the console tomorrow as we're going to be having great weather in Michigan, 45* whoop whooop!

Also coming soon:

-Cobra Steering Rack and Shaft (thanks javi!)

-New OEM cobra front bumper! Going to be doing the body work on my old one myself and hopefully just selling it for more than I'm picking this one up for =]

Anybody need a header panel and a cobra grille emblem???

Sounds good man...can't wait to see updates! :)

I have a problem....its called car withdrawl =[ I can't have it here so I keep on accumulating parts for it instead =]

Center console:

8429512463_8917d436c2_b.jpg

Thanks UPS For delivering me ANOTHER package today! :flamethrower:

8431047310_f63b2c2609_b.jpg

Fresh Bumper Cover

attachment.php?attachmentid=1589&d=1359511178