Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

hahaha of all the things for you to notice steve!

Being the way I am. I have accumlated enough parts to keep me busy for about 2 weeks when I get the car back haha SO this brings me to the next stage of my build. Since paint is on the way once I start working and I already know the direction that I'm going with that. It leaves me to my poor old stock as fuck rear end =\

I'm at the fork in the road, do I push my car towards straight line grip, or twisty grip? Am I going to go to the drag strip more? Or to the road coarse more? Or just dick around on the streets with it? I know that my car will never become a hardcore dedicated track car either way or the other simply because I love driving it on the street.

I need opinions mates! Front suspension is currently set up for twisties and is stiff as fuck, will be getting a tubular K and A arms soon for it so that's already made up in my mind. As far as the rear.....like I said, I'm at that fork =\

well since the front it set up for twisties id do that with the back. autocross is very fun. i raced in autox with my fusion all the last summer. i was acutally 2 sec faster then a cobra with a smaller pulley on belle isle

Hmmm interesting point. Lol i need peoples opinions who have had both. Riosnake, stprolla, 330cube help plz!!!

Personally I like handling the twisties, I've never been much for drag racing. Just doesn't do anything for me, I watch it sometimes but give me some twisty back roads anyday. Just my .02

What was done to your rear end before swap? How was ride quality before vs after the IRS with all the upgrades?

What was done to your rear end before swap? How was ride quality before vs after the IRS with all the upgrades?

Previously it had Eibach Pro Kit springs, SVE weight jacker LCA's, Steeda adjustable UCA's, spherical housing bushings, Eibach sway bar, and Tokico D-Spec shocks. Stance was awesome, and it handled great but rode like a dump truck. I was looking into a Fays2 Watts link setup for it (http://fays2.net/fays2_watts_link_17_.html) before I got the itch to do the IRS swap.

With the 03 IRS, FTBR kit, and 550lb Maximum Motorsports coil over kit on Bilsteins it handles quite a bit better (does not have the tendency to skip to the side when it hits a bump around turns, making it more predictable), and the ride quality is leaps and bounds better than what I had before. My only complaint is it moved the rear wheels out about 3/4" on both sides (it's wider than the SRA was), which pushed my wheels out further than I want them to be. I am working on possibly pulling the quarters a bit soon to help that situation.

That said, both the IRS and SRA can handle extremely well, given the proper parts. I had great handling on both setups, but I personally feel the ride quality of the IRS is much better, and far overshadows the added weight from it.

Dan, you can swap to 94-98 axles and fix that.... right? Since the 99-04s are longer that's why they stick out.

I still wish I went IRS but I was influenced into built SRA since everyone locally wants me to drag race. I had all the parts from when I had the Bullitt. Maybe one day I'll be able to swap.

Dan, you can swap to 94-98 axles and fix that.... right? Since the 99-04s are longer that's why they stick out.

I still wish I went IRS but I was influenced into built SRA since everyone locally wants me to drag race. I had all the parts from when I had the Bullitt. Maybe one day I'll be able to swap.

Not in an IRS, there are no shorter axles for them, and the control arms would have to be shortened, as well as other things.

looking into getting one of these switch panels now that I have the cobra console and dont have an ashtray to conveniently hide thing ins like switches. http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/sos_armrest_console.html my only issue now is that you get them custom engraved with whatever you want. Well I know that one of them will be for my fan with a 3 position switch for off high and low. However IDK what else I need a switch for :shrugs: I was thinking maybe fog lights? A fuel pump switch? and I don't even know what else. Maybe just have one to have?

looking into getting one of these switch panels now that I have the cobra console and dont have an ashtray to conveniently hide thing ins like switches. http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/sos_armrest_console.html my only issue now is that you get them custom engraved with whatever you want. Well I know that one of them will be for my fan with a 3 position switch for off high and low. However IDK what else I need a switch for :shrugs: I was thinking maybe fog lights? A fuel pump switch? and I don't even know what else. Maybe just have one to have?

Although I really like that switch panel, I'm with you on what other switches to fill the void. Fuel pump is def a good one along with fan (even thats questionable because I feel location would be a little bit of a pain). The fog lights would be good I guess but than what to do with the normally located fog light switch?! Or wait does the new console not have that switch location anymore?!

Although I really like that switch panel, I'm with you on what other switches to fill the void. Fuel pump is def a good one along with fan (even thats questionable because I feel location would be a little bit of a pain). The fog lights would be good I guess but than what to do with the normally located fog light switch?! Or wait does the new console not have that switch location anymore?!

Correct! Terminator fog light switches are located on their double din radio bezels. I like this one because its not gaudy and not just out in the open. I put this in for the two cup holders so getting a cupholder one would be stupid to me.

do u rent a storage unit like at a puublis storage or a simply storage type of place. thats what i did 2 winters ago with my project car at the time. sadly the zephyr sit in my drive way because my dads and been driving it till he gets his taxe money.

Nah. We (my parents) own rental properties so it lived in a garage on the other side of the city.

For those who havent seen the headlights, here ya go! Need new corner lights idk how good a smoked corner light would look with my headlights because I'm second guessing my abilities to buy a set and open em up =\

8529106187_eb78a5d5f5_b.jpg

8530218930_5047993649_b.jpg

My vote is to pick up some smoked corners and test them out. If they don't work sell them and try something else or return them to the company saying they aren't what you were looking for.

Bryan just come over to my garage and you can either bring your headlights or grab my corners and see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Drake