Det_Riot

Det_Riot's Sexual Teal Whale Cannon Resurrection

Quite an interesting method...

Texting-While-Driving.jpg

Lmao autocorrect fail. Or fat fingers fail. Any tips for motor mount swap? Jack up motor, put new ones on, lower engine, start car to shake motor in place, shut off, tighten?

Wait, was the motor mount completely sheered off at the bolt? That's scary, because my driver side mount is toast and the engine rocks around in the bay... and I've been DD'ing/tracking it for over a month this way LOL. I didn't think it was THAT bad haha.

hahah yah it was still "bolted" in but definitely sheared right off. Sketchy shit. Having a helll of a time trying to get it to line back up in the k member. Just gotta wiggle it forward about 3/4" Huge pain in the dick when you're doing it by yourself lol

motor mounts done! Trans mount done!

Found something new about my car today. Ive got a foxbody bell housing. Why do i know this? Simple. Trans mount was 3/4" farther forward than it needed to be. When I blew my trans 3 summers ago, they rebuilt it to sn95 length input shaft. Well when i tried to put it back in, it didn't fit. Weird. So took it back to the trans shop and they put in a shorter one, foxbody length. Well my oem trans mount was so shodddy, that it was angled enough that it fit the cross member.

So to get the energy suspension mount to fit, i had to elongate the holes by about half an inch. Was it the proper way to do it? No. Will it work for now? Yes. In time, ill buy/trade for the proper bell housing and get my trans fixed but itll work for now.

Haven't driven the car yet due too a dead battery but should have some reviews today!

Welp vibration is gone! Ran outta gas before it made it outta the garage =] Reallllly gotta get that gas gauge hooked up. Grrrrrr. But took a video while I went to get gas =] enjoy!

motor mounts done! Trans mount done!

Found something new about my car today. Ive got a foxbody bell housing. Why do i know this? Simple. Trans mount was 3/4" farther forward than it needed to be. When I blew my trans 3 summers ago, they rebuilt it to sn95 length input shaft. Well when i tried to put it back in, it didn't fit. Weird. So took it back to the trans shop and they put in a shorter one, foxbody length. Well my oem trans mount was so shodddy, that it was angled enough that it fit the cross member.

So to get the energy suspension mount to fit, i had to elongate the holes by about half an inch. Was it the proper way to do it? No. Will it work for now? Yes. In time, ill buy/trade for the proper bell housing and get my trans fixed but itll work for now.

Haven't driven the car yet due too a dead battery but should have some reviews today!

Glad you were able to make it work!

lmao i love doing the shifter wobble! if i drive my car for a few days straight and then drive the DD, i'll find myself using a water bottle as a fake shifter when i pull up to a light hahah

Interesting view point lol, and as you suggested in the gasket thread, yes the shifter looks familiar for the half second at the beginning lol.

How do you like it? I thought about trying out a Steeda Tri-Ax with my Tremec but ended up going with the MGW again because I never had a complaint about it.

Oh i love it man! So short, so crisp. I haven't got a good feel of beating on it because I can't really go over 1/4-1/2 throttle without the AFR's dipping into the 10s. I had the b&m ripper before and it just was in such a lower league than the mgw.

Oh and good news, car is hitting the rollers next saturday =]

welp, per usual, one step forward, two steps back. Installed my center console today!

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Then for those of you who saw my thread earlier, I ended up popping a relay that killed power to the whole car when i put the harness back on. Gotta figure out why it's being such a little bastard but ain't nobody got time for that. Just gotta keep it functioning until I get it retuned on Saturday. Oh and as you can see, I'm in the process of tearing my cluster apart....again.....being a perfectionist FTL

Finished fabbing my new intake up. Hacksaw and hole tap ftw

[ATTACH]2016[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2017[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2018[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2019[/ATTACH]

Still to do:

Wire relays for fan and wideband, raise car half inch, borrow corner lights

post-5-13881837853837_thumb.jpg

post-5-13881837855083_thumb.jpg

post-5-13881837858573_thumb.jpg

post-5-13881837859153_thumb.jpg

3/12

-Intake tube is gone, will be returning tomorrow or thursday along with some other special thing ;]

-Wiring for relays is almost complete. Just have to run ground wires for the relays and the switch tomorrow. Then test everything out and make sure it is all functioning as it should! I mounted the relays between the shock tower and the firewall on the drivers side so they're tucked away pretty good. Switch will be run like Steve-Oh's where it is sitting in the back of the map tray above the Shifter.

-Car will be raised 1/2". Figure it'd give the dyno guys a break, as well as give my side skirts a break once they get put on =]

-Borrowing some smoked headlights on Thursday from Drake. A) so I dont get pulled over, B) So I can test them out before I make my next purchase!

son call me for some damn hood struts lol.

Hahhha its on the list of shit to buy. Along with lower shift boot and some corber lights and trunk struts

on april 6th im going to milian with about 10 to 20 of the guys on the fusion fourm. you should come along with us.

You guys are all running on the 6th? What time? How much?

As most of you saw, I got my car on the dyno and retuned today. Didn't finish up my cluster in time but that was no big deal as I had other issues to deal with anyways. Car has a misfire throughout the entire powerband which we believe was caused by bad plug wires. Final numbers were 290/320 with issues so I'm hoping I can break that 300 number!

The number 7 wire for sure was shot as it was visually burnt from laying on the header. Will be cutting and looming my own plug wires in the same style as Rio (thanks for letting me borrow the tool!). If that doesn't solve the problem, going to get a new oem distributor as I'm pretty sure mine has never been replaced.

Also need to chase down a driveline vibration. Only problem is that it's only really showing up after 100mph so it may be hard to track down. Going to check my driveshaft bolts, make sure they're good n tight. After that, I'm seeing an aluminum driveshaft in my future =]

But without any further ado, here are the videos! First one was the final run, you can hear it break up throughout the rpm gauge.

Second is just a video from the front of the car, not a full run.

This was another early run. At this point the number 7 plug wire was laying on the header and the misfire was increased baddd.

New plugs and looms coming tomorrow. Pumped for those! Should be badass and HOPEFULLY will fix my misfire issue =] Still waiting on the driveshaft, hopefully the guy isn't gonna just dick me on this and sell it. blah. waiting and seeing.