Prokiller

Magnetic Lariot

My wife has been rocking her 04 Honda civic since 04 and it was really starting to get tired.  We had decided a while ago that we needed to get a truck for all the house work and the utilitarian duties it can do.  we'd been shopping around for the past couple months for trucks with the whole time saying it was the F150 to lose.  Drove a Dodge Ram, a Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra.  Both our fathers have a Silverados so we knew what they were like.  In the end, the F150 won out as expected.   Test drove multiple models of the F150 and in the end, we decided on this one.

2016 F150 Lariot 3.5L ecoboost supercrew.  Magnetic color with black leather interior.  It was a 2016 leftover so we ended up getting a good deal on it even though the 2017 ecoboosts aren't out yet.  As much as i wanted to get a coyote powerplant, it just felt slow compared to the ecoboost.  didn't make power till like 4k and then it was time to shift. ecoboost has a flatter power curve and is more responsive.  in the end, i can't be happier with the purchase.  the color really pops in the sun.  

first brought it home:

31173080293_edb94098f3_k.jpg

and already started on the mods that night.  de-badged it as must as possible

31173080213_db89f145a5_k.jpg

31834389162_79e72643b3_k.jpg

(yes the mustang is filthy because i had to massage a new door for the garage.  going to clean it this weekend)

spent about 2 days waxing and detailing it.  there is a lot of surface area on this thing...

31865868691_70dafae382_k.jpg

31142470514_f957355366_k.jpg

31142469824_8696c697c7_k.jpg

31142469004_951cbe2ab5_k.jpg

31865870011_a2181fd7e1_k.jpg

31142468254_4f0ea986c5_k.jpg

31142467954_d7d316607a_k.jpg

the truck is almost fully loaded.  doesn't have the tech package, but everything else.  has the max towing with electric brake controller so it can haul up to 11,000lbs.  heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats.  moonroof which is basically the entire roof is glass.  it's the FX4 so it has the couple extra skid plates.

going to pick up a tonneau cover this afternoon for it.  and have @69clark already on board for a small change to the interior.  there's a few things i want to do yet cosmetic wise but nothing crazy.  i would like to get a leveling kit, but i have to be careful with the height as we are trying to fit in the smaller garage where i have infiniti now.  

Truck looks awesome. I love the styling on the new F150's. Honestly other than the raptors, I haven't much liked the styling of F150's since the last Lightning generation. That changed with the new body style. Looks very similar to the super duty, in a good way. Really like the wheels too.

Now remember, don't go having a loader drop a ton of landscaping pavers from 10' in the air into your bed, or forcefully push a toolbox corner into it and you'll be just fine... ;)

bought a tonneau cover yesterday and a 14" antenna for it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tonnopro-tonnofold-tri-fold-tonneau-cover-2015.html

drop shipping from the vendor though, so have to wait for it to arrive.

put the tonneau cover on last night.  also came with some weatherstripping to seal the tailgate.  i didn't put that on yet.  i wanted to look up exactly where other people put it.  the directions were non-existing on the subject.

31473594723_04310fafac_k.jpg

also thanks to @69clark i got some carbon fiber vinyl for the wood grain door inserts.  i cut pieces last night for the rear doors and got them installed.  not exactly sure how to do the fronts because they have a rise to them.  going to talk it out with Tom before i go cutting up pieces.

before:

32164298401_ec1de23320_k.jpg

after:

32283625275_2b54c1435b_k.jpg

32164298451_05560426b6_k.jpg

@Det_Riot i don't have any pictures of it with me, but here's a quick interwebz search of it.  it curves up towards the back.  i'm mostly concerned about keeping the weave consistent and not stretching it.

2016-Ford-F-150-door-panel.jpg

37 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

Heat gun and stretch it as you wrap.  I did much more complex shapes than that in my 3 Series with the 3M stuff.

it didnt stretch the weave pattern?

got the front doors on and had enough to do sync door in the center console.

32225379311_ec7e3c1b51_k.jpg

32305933526_661d571426_k.jpg

not extremely proud of my work, but it's on there.  a few small bubbles and a crease or two that i can't get out.  i'm probably the only who's going to notice them, but still.  now just need one more piece to do the airbag tray area and i'm done.  that piece should be really easy though.

53 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

Looks great!  The 3M stuff I used was dry carbon look.  I really like the wet carbon.

i tell you what, this stuff looks really real.  it has the depth and the grain of the weaves.  

2 hours ago, Blackmage said:

Im sending you all the stuff i need wrapped for the audi now, Ryan!   Looks great! 

please don't....i'm not that skilled with it.  send them over to @69clark

two things happened this weekend with this thing.  first thing was taking it through a car wash and she didn't turn off the auto wipers.  things got ripped off and of course didn't realize it until it was too late and it scratched the driver's side of the windshield.  :angry::angry:  tried cleaning it and claying it and polishing it...but you can feel the scratch with your nail.  wife's calling the insurance company today about it.

but to not get more pissed than i already was, i put the trim bits on we got for it.  was plain plastic, now nice and shiny black to match the pillars.  hopefully will stay cleaner too.

33571184833_b81416580a_z.jpg

34250580501_c801d9d222_z.jpg

i also realized that i never posted up the new fog lights i had put on it and the removal of the front air damn.  so yeah i did that too.  pics later

Sucks about the windshield.  I probably wouldn't have even thought about the auto-wipers, either.

Love everything you're doing with this truck.  Keep up the awesome work.

2 hours ago, Tabres said:

Sucks about the windshield.  I probably wouldn't have even thought about the auto-wipers, either.

Love everything you're doing with this truck.  Keep up the awesome work.

i can tell you this...we'll never going to forget again

Ryan,

What's your overall impression of the truck? I'm flirting with the idea of dumping the super dirty and getting back into an f150. The diesel is great but what for I do it's just a little unreasonable and unenjoyable driving into the city everyday.

6 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

Ryan,

What's your overall impression of the truck? I'm flirting with the idea of dumping the super dirty and getting back into an f150. The diesel is great but what for I do it's just a little unreasonable and unenjoyable driving into the city everyday.

for a truck, i love it.  it's the wife's DD, not mine but i do drive it.  it actually has better features than my 08 infiniti.  the 3.5L ecoboost has plenty of power that's for sure.  hit a buck 10 the other day and didn't even realize it.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:16 PM, White95 said:

Hey.. Where did you get those exterior door trim pieces from?

edit: Is this them?

Putco 

https://www.cjponyparts.com/putco-door-window-trim-accent-black-set-supercab-f-150-2015-2019/p/98563/

yeah those are the ones.  

• Like 1