Blackmage

windows 10 is still free

Just an FYI for anyone wanting to go to windows 10, but missed the free upgrade period.  If you download the media creation tool from microsofts website, load it onto a USB stick and run the "upgrade" from there, you will still be able to upgrade and have a valid license of windows 10, for free.  Not sure how long microsoft will allow this to go on for, but if you are on 7, or 8, i would do it.  

haha ive been impressed with 10 thus far.  i had it through beta and picked it up as soon as it came out.  albeit part of my job to be up on this stuff, its been kind to me.  I'll be moving our entire company to windows 10 shortly now that all of our special programs are compatible with it, thats only 165 PC's at $199 a crack for Windows 10 Pro if it wasn't still free.  

the only only thing  I hate about 10 is all the constant sales things popping up in the corner.  Buy this, buy outlook, buy protection....  Once twice a day I have to close out a window I have done 10-15 times before already.

My work computer is Windows 10 and the only notifications I ever get are when it tells me it completed/installed an update. It has suggested I try some feature here and there, like some kind of calendar/planner thing, etc. but hasn't tried to sell me anything. I like it pretty well.

I have 7 on my laptop at home because IMO 8 was absolute dog shit unless you had a touch screen. I could put 10 on my laptop but it's a POS now, and will likely be getting replaced soon anyway.

I've never run into those notifications, either.  I'm guessing that may have to do with me running Enterprise edition, though.  My opinion, once you get used to Windows 10, it's really nice.  I very much prefer it to previous generations.

thankfully the learning curve isnt too bad for a basic end user.   "Wheres the internet?  How do i get to myspace?"   the biggest complaint ive had is how do you turn it off, and what is this cortana BS.  otherwise all my end users really cant tell a difference, which is nice.