busta

What's the consensus on the rear shock tower brace?

Such as... https://lmr.com/item/LRS-STCBB20B/mustang-rear-shock-tower-brace-single-bar-79-04

I initially had read that these were nothing but gimmicks when they were first released as the rear shock towers have virtually no lateral movement.. But more and more looking through build threads I'm seeing that people are installing these. Is it more likely that people are putting these in just because they are inexpensive from the "well it can't hurt anything" standpoint? Or do people actually "feel" that there is any benefit to them?

I've pissed away $40 on more useless things in my life - just curious what your thoughts are.

ive always heard the addage, use it if you have coilovers in the rear.  a lot of "WASTE OF MONEY!", but im under the impression it cant hurt, and i feel the same way, ive spent $40 on worse shit. lol  if anything it looks neat back there 

Not sure what all you have done for suspension but I would save my money and get suspension components that are proven to improve on the quadrabind before getting a rear tower brace.  IE. subframe connectors, lower control arms, panhard bar, tq arm, etc...

Thanks for the info guys.

I recently installed Steeda springs, Bilstein struts/shocks on all corners and the Steeda bumpsteer adjustable tie rod ends. As far as chassis stiffening I've only installed the MM STB. Full length SFC's are definitely on my agenda I've installed them on my previous 3 SN95's and they make a huge difference.

My thoughts now that I already have the Bilsteins are to purchase the MM coil-over conversion kit along with the CC plates. I've also been contemplating at the same time pulling my A-arms and installing some new bushings and balljoints as well. I would like the front end to feel "tighter" if that makes sense. Currently it's a bit sloppy but I haven't aligned or driven it since replacing the tie rod ends either.

i'm with Rich.  it's a waste of funds that could go towards other more meaningful upgrades.  subframes are double the cost, but have more than quadruple the benefits.

Thanks guys. Full Length SFC's are definitely first on the list as far as chassis improvements go. My next two things will be new steering rack bushings and sway bar end links up front.