Oh.my.5.0

How low to go for 94 5.0

I have a 94 5.0 mustang gt and I am wondering how low to go before I start scraping. I want to lower it cause it looks like a truck now but I really do not want to have to constantly worry about scrapping things. I mean if there is a couple extreme cases every once in a while that's fine but I don't want to have to take angles on everything and not be able to go over speed bumps etc. like I said lowest I can go before scrapping is common. I think 1" isn't low enough but 2" maybe too much? 

1.5" is probably the most common.  at that level you might or might not need caster/camber plates to get it back into alignment.  some cars do, some don't.  my previous 94 was on eibach prokits and it scrapped every once and a while but was fine under normal driving.

I think it depends more on the roads in your area then anything.  I had problems scraping on spots at stock ride height when I was in AZ just because they build the edge of the new roads at a sharper angle for run off and because of that there were spots I had to be careful at even before it was lowered.

Eibach Pro Kit is your best all around drop for a car that can still be driven without being a pain in the ass. Like Ryan said, you may be able to get away without getting C/C plates. I went ahead and got them when I did springs but some people don't. Also, not sure how many miles your car has but I would definitely do some nice aftermarket struts and shocks while you're at it, since they will be better matched to a performance spring.

• Moderators

I may or may not know a guy that may or may not have a brand new, never installed H&R Super Sports and Bilstein shocks and struts that may or may not want to go a different direction.

34 minutes ago, Psychorugby said:

I may or may not know a guy that may or may not have a brand new, never installed H&R Super Sports and Bilstein shocks and struts that may or may not want to go a different direction.

Excellent setup.  Had it on my car for a long time.  C/C plates will be needed, though.

Ok thanks, I live in sw Florida but maybe moving to South Carolina, and I'm from upstate ny so possible I might end up back there. And so 2" would be too low I'm assuming, scraping would be more common with that than 1.5 and probably be more of a pain and have to constantly watch out where as 1.5" you just have to have it a realization you are a little lower but not constant worry?

mine is pretty low, driving around in wisconsin i really dont have any issues. lowest point of the car is the k-member. Be concious of what youre driving over and how youre taking entrances and exits of parking lots and you'll be perfectly fine with whatever you do.

IMG_9946_zpsghesl64r.jpg

41DE687E-5708-47F0-A265-00AC0BF7ACEF_zps