slidin'sn95

Something totally different, ROTARY MUSTANG!!!

I just acquired a new project. 98 Mustang V6. I love so many cars (Particularly Mustangs, RX7s and 240SXs) That I want to try to create a mutant-mixture if you will of them. I remember a guy from PR with a 20B 2000-2004 mustang. Thats my motivation. I want to swap/build a BP 13B-REW, single good size turbo and put it into my mustang. I know its a little crazy, but its literally something ive always wanted to do!!! Drop the weight, lower the center of gravity. It'll be my perfect mixture between Mustang love and Rotary life. I just picked up a clean 98 V6 chassis for $500. Ive been looking online for a motor/trans combo. Looks like $2500 is about average for a decent FD 13B rew with trans, ecu, sensors, wiring, maf, & the whole 9 yards. I can weld enough to make engine and trans mounts. Driveshaft will have to be a custom job. I have this vision of a clean, slammed SN95, but with a taste of JDM. Like fender flares, Work Equip look-a-likes, but still use dual exhaust pipes, keep all the mustang badges...ect stuff like that. It looks great in my head. Not build it to be a super powerful race car, mostly just something different, thats totally me, something fun to drive to shows and occasionally drift.
Cant wait to get this project going. Any positive thoughts and advice/recommendations is very welcome.

I think it will be a really cool project. I've seen a couple 2JZ-swapped sn95's/new edges (@jawsgear on IG has a badass 2JZ SN) over the years but I don't think I've seen a rotary. I'm sure you'll get a lot of people lighting their torches over a rotary in a mustang, but IMO it's a $500 V6 mustang... who cares lol. Should definitely be unique and I look forward to following along.

Thanks for the support! Yes I was originally going with the idea or the infamous Mark8 swap, but it seems like its been done so much. My brother was encouraging me to do an LSX since he has a C6 Z06, But Thats been done plenty too. I have always loved rotaries for their sound, power, and am fascinated by how they operate from a mechanical standpoint. Mustangs were the first cars I ever loved. I have always wanted to put the two together. I remember seeing an article a while back from someone in the 60s putting a 12A into a 65 mustang, and it performed great!!! unfortunately rotaries were never intended for "big american" cars. I know Chevy experimented with a mid-engine Rotary Vette in the 70s. How crazy would that have been?  

On 7/17/2017 at 5:58 AM, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Did this ever start moving forward? I'm a bit of a purist, but this has me intrigued. 

Yes, It has just been really busy/hectic. We bought a house, moved and changed careers since I posted this. I finally got the engine pulled Friday night. I finally found a place that has a very reasonably priced rotary swap for sale. Saving the ci-zash now. Cant wait to get really get this project going!!! Heres a few quick pics I snapped of the engine-pull.