96v6

96 V6 swaps

I have a 96 V6 Auto. I've done an engine swap, stayed the V6 because I had never done an engine swap. I've drove her for about a year, she is my daily. I want to swap a 5.8 Efi out of an f150 probably a 96+ to get the roller setup. I'll use a an Aode transmission and have a shop put in a reverse manuel valve body. Now comes the questions

1.) Did any years of the Aode come with a speed sensor on the tranny vs on the diff

2.) Will a trucks wiring harness be sufficient or will be underwhelming

3.) Will a f150 axle fit under my car nice

4.) If I use a 95 gt k frame member how large of a hood Cowell do i need

5.) Are there any large issues I'm gonna run into

Any info would be great cuz I'm not gonna start the build until I know everything. 

Thanks 

96v6

So did 94-95 gts have the aode transmissions cuz i thought it was the 4r70w? My thoughts were a donor  f150 but the speed sensor is on the diff. What am I gonna need suspension wise? I wanna get lowering springs but how much weight do they needed to be rated to?

I read that it won't fit under the stock hood unless you had a lowered k frame member, which I won't because I'll take mine from 94-95 gt. The 3 inch is what came on the 95 cobra r so I think that's what I'll do. Is Sr performance from american muscle a good brand? 

7 hours ago, 96v6 said:

I read that it won't fit under the stock hood unless you had a lowered k frame member, which I won't because I'll take mine from 94-95 gt. The 3 inch is what came on the 95 cobra r so I think that's what I'll do. Is Sr performance from american muscle a good brand? 

I did it with stock k-member not lowered. It can be done.

10 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

Solid drop motor mounts give you between .5-1" motor drop

I found that oil pan to steering rack clearance can become an issue with 3/4" or more drop mounts. Obviously, the type of oil pan you have can play a roll in this as well.

I did not have to lower the motor via mounts or k-frame.  Moving the motor as far back as you can and intake manifold choice is key to fitting under a stock hood.

i coulda have swore that you needed a mustang 8.8, and couldnt use a full explorer axle?   maybe im wrong.  but yea, mustang axles are plentiful as is anyways.

Okay...i need parts...like a k frame member either tubular or out of a 94/95 gt, a radiator that will fit ( not sure if a 94/95 radiator will work) and a wiring harness that will work. Also if anyone knows wether or not the aode transmissions have the speed sensor...any info and or links to parts would be great