RassCar

Reproduction '00R power steering rack

Any of you guys know about this? I didn't know there were any (re)production '00R steering racks being made until I saw this today. I may scrap my ideas of swapping to manual steering/brakes after all.

https://lmr.com/item/AGR-715573/AGR-High-Performance-Steering-Rack-15-1-Cobra-R-Mustang

Definitely beats the pants off the prices you usually see for an original R rack. Still a hefty price tag for most people, but far better than alternatives of uber expensive Flaming River power racks or the original R rack. And manual steering isn't my personal preference either.

00r rack has different valving if a remember correctly.  Better steering feel than the 03/04 rack.

I looked into the AGR 00r racks. I suggest  searching and look at the reviews.  I opted for a oem 03 rack as the the reviews were not so great for the AGR racks.

Corner-carvers and the Corral have a few reviews.

2 hours ago, 410sn95 said:

00r rack has different valving if a remember correctly.  Better steering feel than the 03/04 rack.

I looked into the AGR 00r racks. I suggest  searching and look at the reviews.  I opted for a oem 03 rack as the the reviews were not so great for the AGR racks.

Corner-carvers and the Corral have a few reviews.

Did an hours worth of research and apparently Cardone part #22-280 is the closest thing to a reman 00R rack available. I saw what you apparently saw and I'm not going to bother with AGR.  I'll have to do more digging on this later. It's not a priority anyway.

You can also get a rebuild. The exterior is similar for 94-04, it's the internal that differs mostly. 

I have an 04 Cobra rack and when I was searching for rebuild options Turn One kept getting recommended. 

https://www.turnone-steering.com/pages/rebuilding-services