Number Tew

Number Tew's Number Two Build

I figure it's time for an update.  I've had the car back for quite some time now.  Today I decided to delete the hood latch, because I've been worried the cable would snap.  I trust the aerocatch pins, so hopefully I won't have an issue.

The passenger window decided it didn't want to go down - and before you ask, yes I did the ol beat the door SN95 trick, nothing.  I pulled the motor out, took it apart and found, well, nothing.  No issues.  I put everything back together and it worked perfectly fine.  It was the strangest thing.

Had to replace the battery the other day.  We are trying to get it to a point to drive it more frequently, including going to events.  I need wheels and tires and racing seats and I'll be happy.  I've been taking it out beating the crap out of it with no issues other than my noisy coil overs.

I'm really starting to think about doing a Coyote swap.....

On 1/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Yes! Absolutely do a coyote swap. I’m still mid swap but it’s already awesome lol. 

It's so appealing.  Like, a confident, reliable, 370 or so WHP.  Sounds amazing, and will fit right into my current MM K-Member.  It's still a bit pricy.  I definitely need to have the stars align lol.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Number Tew said:

It's so appealing.  Like, a confident, reliable, 370 or so WHP.  Sounds amazing, and will fit right into my current MM K-Member.  It's still a bit pricy.  I definitely need to have the stars align lol.

It’s kind of expensive, depending on how you go about doing it. You’ll have to do a transmission, and power steering stuff. It’s definitely easier if you start with a modular car. I don’t have power steering so I didn’t need any of the fancy swap brackets and my transmission already bolted up. 2v long tubes work if you weld coyote head flanges on them (check out my thread if you haven’t). I’d be willing to bet that I’ve only got about $2k maybe $2,500 tied up into my coyote swap so far. 

5 hours ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

It’s kind of expensive, depending on how you go about doing it. You’ll have to do a transmission, and power steering stuff. It’s definitely easier if you start with a modular car. I don’t have power steering so I didn’t need any of the fancy swap brackets and my transmission already bolted up. 2v long tubes work if you weld coyote head flanges on them (check out my thread if you haven’t). I’d be willing to bet that I’ve only got about $2k maybe $2,500 tied up into my coyote swap so far. 

O wow, not as bad as I thought.  I was thinking closer to $10k.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Number Tew said:

O wow, not as bad as I thought.  I was thinking closer to $10k.

Don’t forget though, I’m megasquirted so I didn’t have to buy a control pack. All I had to do was build a new wiring harness. That and the fact that I’m able to reuse 4.6 a/c and leave the alternator in stock coyote location, puts a big dent in keeping cost down. 

5 hours ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Don’t forget though, I’m megasquirted so I didn’t have to buy a control pack. All I had to do was build a new wiring harness. That and the fact that I’m able to reuse 4.6 a/c and leave the alternator in stock coyote location, puts a big dent in keeping cost down. 

Fair assessment, but my A/C components need replacing anyhow.  I would need a control pack.  What allows the alternator to stay in the stock location?  If it's extra room I should have plenty.  I have a big ass cowl.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Number Tew said:

Fair assessment, but my A/C components need replacing anyhow.  I would need a control pack.  What allows the alternator to stay in the stock location?  If it's extra room I should have plenty.  I have a big ass cowl.

Stock location for the alternator is low, on the driver side. It is in the spot where the power steering pump would normally go. I have manual brakes and steering so that’s no problem for me. Typically you’ll buy the swap brackets and put the 4.6 hydroboost stuff in there and the alternator is flipped around and put on the passenger side. 

On 1/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Stock location for the alternator is low, on the driver side. It is in the spot where the power steering pump would normally go. I have manual brakes and steering so that’s no problem for me. Typically you’ll buy the swap brackets and put the 4.6 hydroboost stuff in there and the alternator is flipped around and put on the passenger side. 

Ah I see, thanks for letting me pick your brain a bit :)

So I decided it was time to get rid of the Sony Xplod that I bought used in 2010 for $20 because it finally started having issues.  Because the primary job of this car is to Autocross and just be fun to drive, I didn’t go all out.  I got a cheap Pioneer head unit and some cheap front and rear speakers.  I did not take pics of the install because I was racing the sun.  The said, I forgot how easy simple radios are to install.  I’ve been doing more “advanced” head units for people lately.  This was delightfully simple.

https://flic.kr/p/24y1eHe

https://flic.kr/p/2f5SaoS

It’s about a million times better than what was there, has Bluetooth and I can plug a USB in.  I’m happy.  I also replaced the passenger window motor and charged the A/C.  It’s practically a luxury car at this point.

Also, local Tires Plus shop had a deal going on for lifetime alignments.  Went ahead and purchased that.  Will probably do it for the white car as well; anyhow thanks for looking!

On 3/30/2019 at 7:09 PM, iRoush said:

Still alive and still racing. At some point I'll post a build thread again here.

I've missed you so much ❤️

• Like 1