itsblown93

Exhaust hangers......

I would not try an exhaust shop, probably more like a jiffy lube would be better...

Hey smart ass exhaust shop wont touch a car with out cats. keep your smart ass coments to yourself thanks have a good day.

and yea just factory hangers

Hey smart ass exhaust shop wont touch a car with out cats. keep your smart ass coments to yourself thanks have a good day.

Try like summit or like cjpp. Vatozone or O'riellys won't carry it?

alright ill have to check napa

check there website.. it should give you the part number then call your local store and ask if they have them in stock.. if not ask for the nearest and bam.. you got hangers the same day. Napa was the only place that stocked these suckers.

have you tried loosening the exhaust bolts at the headers and catback and placing a jack under the H pipe to lift it up closer to the bottom of the car? Then once its lifted it tighten everything with the jack holding it up and then remove the jack. If it's anything like how mine's been in the past you should gain several inches of clearance.

Calm the heck down you didn't ask for a shop to work on your car you asked for a place to get parts. If you were to go to an exhaust/muffler shop and tell them you need to buy hangers they are gonna throw your car on the lift and reject the sale because you don't have cats?! If my answer of suggesting an exhaust/muffler shop is just crazy/insane to buy some exhaust hangers then hell maybe you need to ask at jiffy lube....

Sorry if I caught you wrong but with out meaning to piss ya off why would you not go check your local exhaust/muffler shop?

Edited by ttocs

have you tried loosening the exhaust bolts at the headers and catback and placing a jack under the H pipe to lift it up closer to the bottom of the car? Then once its lifted it tighten everything with the jack holding it up and then remove the jack. If it's anything like how mine's been in the past you should gain several inches of clearance.

yea thats what i do but it eventually it starts to sag

Calm the heck down you didn't ask for a shop to work on your car you asked for a place to get parts. If you were to go to an exhaust/muffler shop and tell them you need to buy hangers they are gonna throw your car on the lift and reject the sale because you don't have cats?! If my answer of suggesting an exhaust/muffler shop is just crazy/insane to buy some exhaust hangers then hell maybe you need to ask at jiffy lube....

Sorry if I caught you wrong but with out meaning to piss ya off why would you not go check your local exhaust/muffler shop?

In Indiana you are suppose to have cats. so therefore an exhaust shop will not touch an exhaust that doesnt have cats. it makes no sense i know

In Indiana you are suppose to have cats. so therefore an exhaust shop will not touch an exhaust that doesnt have cats. it makes no sense i know

seriously they will not sell you parts either? A hanger?

Hmm I hope you find them bc I apparently need them on my new catback? It's wrattling and actually has the metal arm welded for another hanger but the instructions say "98 only", yet mine's a 97 and still has its own metal arm coming down exactly where the new catback has its metal arm. Run on sentence anyone? lol

I can see a shop not preforming any work that has to be done on exhaust system that does not have cats if they are required, beyond that its just a parts sale. How do they know its not for your track only car that never see's the street?

I know how you feel, I currently have coat hangers holding mine up as the factory hangers are gone. I am also looking for two universail hangers. I found some on ebay from $5 up to $15ish bucks. If you have time to wait. If not suto zone stocks a few different style hangers..

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Insane.. my car has never been turned down at any exhaust shop and i have no cats in a emission state

Insane.. my car has never been turned down at any exhaust shop and i have no cats in a emission state

If you call, over the phone they will tell you no. atleast here they will untill you go to the actual shop in person. I called ine time about getting my cats removed and straight pipe added and I was told no but,in person they were more then happy to do it for cash...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

I've personally never seen an exhaust hanger that works as well as the factory ones. For good used factory ones contact Mustang Parts Specialites in Winder, GA,

http://mpsautosalvage.com

I had to pick up two rear bumper hangers when I put tailpipes back on my car last year. They sold me the pair for $15 I think. They have a ton of cars parting out, and they'll just run out there and pull you a set.

Kurt