97stanger

The never ending 2v turbo build

Had a thread going in my past life, so I'll bring it over to here.  Just waiting to get the car back from the body shop from getting scott rod panels welded in and all other holes smoothed, engine bay painted, and some more paint work done on the hood and she's ready to drop in

EED941E9-1F12-4853-870D-D4784F137AA5_zps

686F6740-01BD-4600-BE9D-6AA52BA83783_zps

C7826658-6844-4C3C-9956-8ED93CE285E1_zps

32B2A5A1-4DCE-4776-82D8-28F798122168_zps

1782C178-7281-4A3E-A1AB-BA9129CD9EC0_zps

6 hours ago, droptoppony said:

You make me almost want to work on my car. 

That's the point, for you to finish your 15 year build.  By the time you get done people won't even know what an sn95 is

Running AN braided lines from your valve covers to a catch can? Thats my plan as well. What pieces did you use to attach the AN fitting to the valve cover? Looks like you did something different on each side?

2 hours ago, Bryan96GT said:

Running AN braided lines from your valve covers to a catch can? Thats my plan as well. What pieces did you use to attach the AN fitting to the valve cover? Looks like you did something different on each side?

Yes sir.  Sharp eye.  On TF valve covers, the driver side already comes threaded so you just simply need your fitting.  Passenger side is not threaded and I didn't want to weld over top of brand new powder coated valve covers, so I bought a push/lock in AN fitting, so the fittings themselves are different, but both are 10an feeding to the can

Trying to figure out a way to run the breather tank straight back behind the manifold, would be nice to not have lines from the valve covers all over the place.  Seems like I should definitely have room will just need to figure out some sort of bracket to make for it

883BFDBD-E5C8-4227-B068-BF1933ACED26_zps

948C1B03-32A2-4B91-AE61-2FB5D8698B89_zps

D4FD1B76-2782-4B54-9392-50741EABA6FC_zps

BF8FD259-D320-4B2C-B168-1AE61BBBF8CB_zps

14 hours ago, 97stanger said:

Trying to figure out a way to run the breather tank straight back behind the manifold, would be nice to not have lines from the valve covers all over the place.  Seems like I should definitely have room will just need to figure out some sort of bracket to make for it

883BFDBD-E5C8-4227-B068-BF1933ACED26_zps

948C1B03-32A2-4B91-AE61-2FB5D8698B89_zps

D4FD1B76-2782-4B54-9392-50741EABA6FC_zps

BF8FD259-D320-4B2C-B168-1AE61BBBF8CB_zps

Why not relocate the breather tank to one of the fenderwels and run bulkheads threw the panel beind the shock tower. That way no tank in the bay and it will keep the lines a bit cleaner if ran correctly.

2 hours ago, 95opal said:

Why not relocate the breather tank to one of the fenderwels and run bulkheads threw the panel beind the shock tower. That way no tank in the bay and it will keep the lines a bit cleaner if ran correctly.

My fender wells are jam packed after relocating all my computer/harness junk inside them along with trans cooler. And don't really like lines running and crossing over from the valve covers so I think this would be the cleanest way to set it up

Finally got her home, and got her all cleaned up today.  Unfortunately I have to travel for work so I probably won't have the motor in for another week or 2, but just nice having the car back home

2FF7B116-B225-4447-9089-3C6A7232E17C_zps

A1644B0D-A725-4934-A812-2171FE646F87_zps

09E42E17-94D7-4891-AAA2-4708EF16BCDA_zps

037CC629-3498-4F84-8682-150D6DDCD9DC_zps

147738BB-8565-4059-9188-F88076BD317F_zps

8 hours ago, Number Tew said:

They did one heck of a job there.  Looks sick dude!

Thank you sir! They really did do a great job and it was much worth the wait

3 hours ago, Steve-Oh said:

Christ Mike!  Always got something awesome going on with this car! Looks really good! 

haha thanks man...tell me about it.  Decided this will be my last big hoorah with this car so doing it the way I've always wanted to.  After this build going to just enjoy the car going forward.  How has yours been?

3 hours ago, RassCar said:

Am I the only one seeing photobucket holding the pics hostage? I don't use the service so maybe it's just me.

Yes...  Yes you are.  You are going crazy!

J/K - Yes photobucket is now ransombucket.  

Sorry guys don't know what that's about. I just went onto Photobucket and it looks like you have to upgrade the account for a small charge of $400 to unlock the prior pictures. I should be good to post going forward but I guess any precious pictures are gone into the intrawebz. 

no update since I got the car back. Had to travel for work and won't get home until Friday. Hoping maybe Sunday I can drop the motor in

2 hours ago, 97stanger said:

Sorry guys don't know what that's about. I just went onto Photobucket and it looks like you have to upgrade the account for a small charge of $400 to unlock the prior pictures. I should be good to post going forward but I guess any precious pictures are gone into the intrawebz. 

no update since I got the car back. Had to travel for work and won't get home until Friday. Hoping maybe Sunday I can drop the motor in

If you haven't gotten the pictures backed up on a hard drive anywhere they can still be downloaded from Photobucket.  Save them to your computer and re-host them from another site.  And always keep a back up on a physical device.

From their website.

1. What plans offer 3rd Party Hosting?

Only the Plus 500 plan supports 3rd Party Hosting
Upgrade to Photobucket’s Plus 500 Subscription by visiting    http://photobucket.com/pricing
or http://photobucket.com/p500

2. What do I get with the Plus 500 Plan?

Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting
Unlimited Bandwidth
Full Resolution Photo Storage (We do not compress your images)
High Capacity Storage
Dedicated and Priority Customer Support
Photobucket.com Promotional Opportunities

3. What users are affected by the changes to our 3rd Party Hosting
policies?

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
subscription.

Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
have access to 3rd Party Hosting.

8 hours ago, RassCar said:

Am I the only one seeing photobucket holding the pics hostage? I don't use the service so maybe it's just me.

yes for the low low price of only $400 per yr you can now do 3rd party hosting pics like these.  Fucking assholes....

Edited by ttocs

8 hours ago, ttocs said:

has anyone tried to download the pics from them?  I did and got jpg files but my pc can't open them....

I downloaded mine.  They also dl'd as .jpg files and I had no problems opening.

motors going in tomorrow.  measured and I have 1" wiggle room between dropping this thing in with the headers attached vs. the inside of the shock towers, so will be close.  

On 7/15/2017 at 4:37 PM, 97stanger said:

motors going in tomorrow.  measured and I have 1" wiggle room between dropping this thing in with the headers attached vs. the inside of the shock towers, so will be close.  

Tape, tape, and more tape lol.   Excited to see this finally come together!

Well, was a bad day yesterday but could have been worse.  To make a long story short, I borrowed a cherry picker from a buddy to use.  Was rocking and rolling, got engine on the picker and for whatever reason the weight of the engine literally started to bend and tear the bottom leg to the reacher arm apart.  Could have easily dropped the motor if it weren't for the 2 bolts holding on to dear life.  Luckily, I was able to swing the motor back on the stand and get 1 bolt to hold it in.  Had to run to Harbor Freight just to quick buy another picker to get a new chain on it, which was a success.  Thank god I saved the motor, could have easily fell on the oil pan.  So go it all setup on the new picker and went to drop it in and its about 2' too short lol.  So put the motor back on the stand and called it a day.  Returned the new stand I bought and think I found another one a neighbor has to use maybe for next weekend or the weekend after I'll give it another shot

Lucky lesson, I was putting the clutch on the motor while up on the hoist and thought if one bolt fails this thing will take out my knee before I can blink.

11 hours ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Well that really blows. You should have had the body shop leave the front bumper off so you had room to work, or did you and it was still too short?

I honestly didn't even think of it at the time.  And its even more of a smack on the forehead because I just got a Donathen tubular support today so the front bumper has to come right back off anyway lol.  If I can't find a local one to borrow that will work this time around I did find one that Harbor freight sells as their 2 ton that should do the trick if need be. So maybe this weekend I'll give it another go

4 hours ago, OLD H2S said:

Lucky lesson, I was putting the clutch on the motor while up on the hoist and thought if one bolt fails this thing will take out my knee before I can blink.

Seriously.  It's one of those things you kind of just take for granted it will all go as planned but all it takes is a failure on a single weld or bolt and you could really ruin $10k and a lot of time invested pretty darn quick