Lazer_Red

New clutch and have a question

I bought a exedy mach 400 clutch and want to know what everyone thought about the pilot and throw out bearing that came with the clutch. I usually use Ford racing parts but I figured I could save the money and use the ones I have. What do you think?

Thanks
Kris

• Moderators

A lot of people have had issues with aftermarket bearings. Ive used aftermarket pilot bearings in everything but the throwout bearings have a tendency to make noise. If you want to try it and would be ok if you had to pull the trans again, then go for it. Even after all this, at the end of the day, the Ford bearings have even made noise before.

Noise is not typically the issue with aftermarkets, it's them blowing up and causing damage to the trans.  I have personally seen 3 vehicles disabled (one being mine) by aftermarket TOB's.  My car was with about 100-200 miles on the TOB.

Pulled it, popped in a Ford TOB, no problems since.  Many thousands of miles on the build.

Make sure to use Motorcraft, not Ford Racing.

You may not want to do that.  While they may be better than some aftermarket ones, they are still made in China with less quality control than Motorcraft parts.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:27 PM, Number Tew said:

You may not want to do that.  While they may be better than some aftermarket ones, they are still made in China with less quality control than Motorcraft parts.

Thanks for the reply,  if I start heading any noise or problems then I will get the motorcraft unit.  I have already bought and installed the Ford racing's parts.

Thanks