myk

Random air conditioning problem...

Hey guys,

I was driving my '01 GT the other day with the air on at full blast, when suddenly the air just stopped.  Or at least, I thought it did.  I could still feel cold air coming from the vents, like it was on speed 1, when in fact the dial was on speed 4.  Later, when I got back to the car after stopping it the air/blower was working fine again, with all speeds available to #4.  Same thing happened again this morning: air on full blast then suddenly it just kicks down to speed 1, with cold air but no higher speeds.  What is going on here?  I've heard common problems like speeds 3 & 4 working perfectly, but no low speeds, but in my case I have the opposite problem.  Any of you guys encounter this before?  I couldn't find anything online.  Thanks in advance, folks...

Edited by myk

Hey thanks for the reply.  Yeah I was reading that too, but I thought it only affected low speeds 1 and 2.  Ok I'll give it a try!

Update: switched out the blower motor resistor and nothing has changed; I still have very little blower function.  What else is next?  The motor itself?  

Edited by myk