ThomasW

ThomasW's Two into One build

1 hour ago, Yeahloh95 said:

that is a nice 80-20 table you have there

Haha. That is what it has turned into for the past 2 years. 

Thats the main frame for my 24x24x36” 3D printer.   

A little update on the firewall panels.  I’ve done two so far and havent been happy with the final outcome.  The first one turned out fairly nice except for 2 area’s that werent pressed completely against the mold surface. 

The shape of these are making i difficult to get them perfect. That said, i’ve got Version 3 half way ready to infuse. I’m using some of the same core material as the Saleen T1’s which should solve the problems i have been having. 

Here is the first one i did with a thin coat of clear:

7C47CD7F-410B-4C02-8B8B-E06F214C327D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ThomasW said:

A little update on the firewall panels.  I’ve done two so far and havent been happy with the final outcome.  The first one turned out fairly nice except for 2 area’s that werent pressed completely against the mold surface. 

The shape of these are making i difficult to get them perfect. That said, i’ve got Version 3 half way ready to infuse. I’m using some of the same core material as the Saleen T1’s which should solve the problems i have been having. 

Here is the first one i did with a thin coat of clear:

7C47CD7F-410B-4C02-8B8B-E06F214C327D

So far it's looking good!

8 minutes ago, smallblocksn95 said:

Your hoses came with a lot more rubber clamps than mine did for my irs

The bag of clamps on the left i bought separately, i just threw them in the box with the hoses so i wouldnt loose them.. or some kids run off with them. 

39 minutes ago, ttocs said:

I have been buying out my local ace hardware on those same rubber lined clamps to do my fuel system.  

Yup, airplanes use them on practically Everything and I Despise the things, but they work so well. 

I got a bag of 20 off ebay for like $16 shipped i believe

5 hours ago, ThomasW said:

Yup, airplanes use them on practically Everything and I Despise the things, but they work so well. 

I got a bag of 20 off ebay for like $16 shipped i believe

I can vouch for that, they’re all over at work 

Firewall panel is out of the bag.  Its 99% perfect and i know exactly what i screwed up that made it less than 100% perfect.  Luckily, its good enough that i can easily fix it and use it. 

Tomorrow i’ll be spraying clear on the mold and getting ready to start on everyone who purchased one. 

3ECEA852-FCBC-45FE-9A29-B8394AB600C1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve-Oh said:

Ahhh fuck, sending the deposit $$$ over now.   My bad, business got in the way. 

Lol.  No worries!

i’ve got the mold sprayed with clear and will be getting #2 ready for infusing tomorrow along with a T1. 

• Like 1

Another firewall panel is ready.  It is now im the vacuum bag waiting to be infused. I’ll likely do that later this evening once the bottom section of the T1 is mostly cured:

6448EB34-F572-4A60-B3CA-43B0BEAF40D1

• Like 4

Firewall panel #2 is out and trimmed.  I also sprayed an additional coat of cleae on both of them as well. 

Shipping boxes have been ordered and should arrive by friday. 

So i’ll be messaging everyone as the panels are completed with a final balance due to include shipping expenses.   So far the average is about $35. 

After 2 days of cold weather, i was finally able to get clear sprayed again, so i’ll have a third panel here in a few days. 

Edited by ThomasW
  • Like 3

Here’s a photo of the firewall panel on the car:

00941C7F-D2FB-4B8E-B46E-F1785BCF0CCD

3 of the 8 are done with a 4th in the vacuum bag.   Its my plan to have all of these and the last 3 T1’s im doing done by the 11th, so far I am on schedule for being able to do so. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, droptoppony said:

That copperish CF looks killer. I bet it will really pop in the sunlight. 

You should see the blue, green, red, silver, gold, purple and hot pink.  

• Like 1

i've been following a guy on IG that has a 17GT the same color as the 18 i'm getting.  he has a blue carbon fiber hood and it looks amazing on there.

6 hours ago, Prokiller said:

i've been following a guy on IG that has a 17GT the same color as the 18 i'm getting.  he has a blue carbon fiber hood and it looks amazing on there.

Im looking forward to seeing how the blue T1 turns out. 

The copper im skinning my cowl panel in looks really good so far. 

While yet Another T1 and firewall panel cure, i worked on the skinng of my cowl panel.  Did some cleaning, sanding, bit more cleaning, then spent 8hrs putting on 4 separate coats of epoxy. 

Once this cures i can sand it flat, one final layer of epoxy, sand that flat, then apply a clear coat and it’ll be done. 

Hopefully by then the final T1 and three firewall panels will be done so i can make my firewall panel. 

E1DD43C0-5FB0-40C7-AA63-B8A237EA8EB7

Edited by ThomasW
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

yeah that copper looks sick ,years ago I made some parts with Kevlar weave it turned out pretty good

I have a small bit of CF/Kevlar twill.  I’ve had it for years and still have no idea what im going to do with it. 

On 4/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, seijirou said:

I would like to order a hot pink cowl panel for White95.

Money talks

On 4/6/2018 at 4:58 PM, ThomasW said:

It’d be an extra $75, but i can do it.