fry

The Tangerine Dream

I'm sorry y'all!! I've been working towards joining the air force so I have been completely busy! I haven't done anything much with the car so I haven't had a lot of desire to get on here and look at eeryones progress ):

• Moderators

I'm sorry y'all!! I've been working towards joining the air force so I have been completely busy! I haven't done anything much with the car so I haven't had a lot of desire to get on here and look at eeryones progress ):

You obviously haven't read my thread.  There's no progress there.

Hey y'all! Guess who's backkkkkkkkkk. :bananalama:

So I left home over a year ago to start a new job, which I'm still not doing yet. Before I left, I sold my jeep. I miss it, but I want one with an inline six, that isn't so ragged out. A couple of months ago, I got an opportunity I couldn't pass up. A 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 z71 5.3l with 100k miles, clean as hell. FOR FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Say what you want about Chevys, but....

Fast forward to two weeks ago, I took leave. So I decided to take my truck and drive all the way across the country, back to my home. I rented a uhaul trailer and bam. This. 

image.jpeg

so yea, I drove 1500 miles with this thing behind me. :ballchain: There just happens to be an auto shop where I live, so a new life will begin for this big heaping paper weight. 

To be continued.... 

Good to see you back on here Liz! $5k isn't bad at all for that truck, and 100k is low for an 02. I see 2010+ trucks around here with 175k+ on them somehow and they still want like $20-25k for them lol. You definitely got some trailering experience with that thing too lol, 1500 miles is a long way with a trailer in tow.Can't wait to see the pumpkin back on the road too!

5 hours ago, 95riosnake said:

Good to see you back on here Liz! $5k isn't bad at all for that truck, and 100k is low for an 02. I see 2010+ trucks around here with 175k+ on them somehow and they still want like $20-25k for them lol. You definitely got some trailering experience with that thing too lol, 1500 miles is a long way with a trailer in tow.Can't wait to see the pumpkin back on the road too!

I randomly offered my friend $5k for it and I couldn't believe he didn't even hesitate. The truck had been in his family since it was new and he wasn't planning to sell it, but when I jokingly offered, he accepted. I might've been able to get it for less but I would've felt more guilty lol. And yea, before this I had very little towing experience so it was really good practice. I wanna buy a car trailer now lol. 

2 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

yes very cool you went and trailered it back that far i hope you get it back together soon 

Thank you! I'm so attached to my car, I couldn't let it sit. I have a lead on a roller, so we'll see how it goes. 

Thanks y'all! I think I'm done with the orange. I thought about painting the new car bright tangerine, but it's time to move on lol. 

On 4/23/2016 at 5:56 PM, fry said:

Thanks y'all! I think I'm done with the orange. I thought about painting the new car bright tangerine, but it's time to move on lol. 

1 hour ago, Orange 94 said:

That's lame.

MMM...  Tangerine with metal flake and orange pearl!   That would look sooooo killer!