Frank.JD.Perez

CF T1 race spoiler

Do you want a CF T1 race spoiler  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a CF T1 race spoiler?

• um? Fvck Yeah I do! Shut up and take my money!
    • nah, i dont want to be TITS LEGIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2018 at 12:33 PM

Hey there SN95 source members. this has been a topic of conversation for nearly 2 years between @ThomasW and i over on sn95forums. but the time has finally come to ship my T1 out to him so i can get a fully carbon fiber Saleen T1 race spoiler. We are putting a poll in to see who/how many people want one of these bad ass tit legit spoilers of goodness. a fiberglass T1 from one of the few companies that make them will run you about 550/600 shipped to your door step, but it will be white fiberglass and need to be painted or wrapped. These will be around the same ball park as the fiberglass (cheaper depending on # people who want one) and theyre gonna be carbon fiber which YOU CANT GET ANYWHERE, so would you rather pay 550 for a fiberglass spoiler that needs paint or pay around the same or maybe a tad more for one that is CF and doesnt need paint? or in the case youre kyle matson and would still paint the CF spoiler the car color (sorry kyle).

5 hours ago, Yeahloh95 said:

i really cant replace my s281 but I think its a great idea that you are making them

why not?  you already broke it that cranium of yours

• Like 2

The more people who get in, the better i can do on pricing.  As it sits right now (assuming 4/5 are sold) pricing is roughly $650+ shipping.

Payment is pretty simple, 50% upfront to reserve your spot and your materials, 50% due when its ready to ship. 

For those who like the technical aspect, these will be vacuum infused CF with a Soric core material.   I have used this same technique before on some aircraft parts and it creates a very rigid shell that is very light with Minimal surface defects.    The core material also helps distribute the forces from the mounting bolts across the entire spoiler. 

A High Solids Automotive clear coat is also an available option ($75 extra). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White95 said:

aRE WE ADVERTISING [shit, caps lock] this anywhere else to pick up more clientele?

Ive been banned on a few facebook groups for “advertising”, when all i was doing was posting photos. 

At this point, i believe all the advertising is going by word of mouth.  

On 1/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, ThomasW said:

Ive been banned on a few facebook groups for “advertising”, when all i was doing was posting photos. 

At this point, i believe all the advertising is going by word of mouth.  

that sucks.  I could understand if your cranking out parts full time making a killing on them but I don't think that has been the case so far.

3 hours ago, ttocs said:

that sucks.  I could understand if your cranking out parts full time making a killing on them but I don't think that has been the case so far.

Exactly.  I posted a photo of when i had the first CF spoiler for mine in the vacuum bags.  I had a few guys ask how much for one and i told them to Pm me for info. 

About 50-60 comments after that, an Admin said i had to pay $500 in order to “advertise” in his group.   Im not 100% sure on how advertising works on facebook, but im not paying someone who just started a group (for free) and doesnt have any overhead for the webhosting for advertising (i didnt tell him this, i just said i would no longer post things that appeared as advertisements). 

A few weeks later, i posted a photo showing 3 or the spoilers with the comment “they are multiplying” or something along those  lines and was instantly banned. 

I really hate facebook for anything outside of keeping up with friends and family.  Its nothing but a soul suck and platform for self indulgence and public ridicule over everything. 

It is a great tool for boredom trolling though lol

• Like 2

On 1/30/2018 at 1:43 AM, droptoppony said:

Have you thought about mounting points and hardware etc? Curious if you are going to be able to duplicate the Saleen mount points and rigidity. 

Im not sure if Saleen did theirs differently, but the one frank sent bolts into the factory spoiler location.  Im planning some extra CF spanning that area into the spoiler with some core material that is compression resistant and a piece of aircraft grade plywood holding a pair of T nuts sandwiched to the interior surface of the spoiler with a piece or CF fabric. 

mine mounts the same way and from all i can tell it's authentic saleen.  there is no confirmation that saleen branded these spoilers.  I would recommend to make sure the end points where it comes down to the fender are nice and strong.  mine has paint cracking from flexing too much.