Prokiller

2018 GT premium PP2 - The PP2BLU

they updated the arrival day by 5 days!  the status went to "In Transit" on friday, but now is back to awaiting shipment.  here's hoping it still does show up on the 15th.  i really would love to have it for the AM show on the 16th.

@Number Tew no worries at all!  beautiful color choice if i do say so myself.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, Prokiller said:

they updated the arrival day by 5 days!  the status went to "In Transit" on friday, but now is back to awaiting shipment.  here's hoping it still does show up on the 15th.  i really would love to have it for the AM show on the 16th.

@Number Tew no worries at all!  beautiful color choice if i do say so myself.

I feel so bad, you've been waiting a century.  We showed up and grabbed one that day lol.  Just got lucky!

The story is that some old guy spec'd it out to retire in, then brought it back a few hours later and said he can't drive stick anymore because it hurts his hip too much.  So it helped her get a deal plus something they probably wouldn't have normally had on the lot!

I forget, are you still with AM?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Number Tew said:

I feel so bad, you've been waiting a century.  We showed up and grabbed one that day lol.  Just got lucky!

The story is that some old guy spec'd it out to retire in, then brought it back a few hours later and said he can't drive stick anymore because it hurts his hip too much.  So it helped her get a deal plus something they probably wouldn't have normally had on the lot!

I forget, are you still with AM?

is what it is i guess.  11 days to go at this point.  it's in transit now.

well his lose is your gain for sure!  

nope, quit there 2.5 years ago when they changed their employee discount structure.  used to get cost + 8%.  now its retail - 10/20/40% (depending on the item).  basically sucks now.  

7 hours ago, Prokiller said:

is what it is i guess.  11 days to go at this point.  it's in transit now.

well his lose is your gain for sure!  

nope, quit there 2.5 years ago when they changed their employee discount structure.  used to get cost + 8%.  now its retail - 10/20/40% (depending on the item).  basically sucks now.  

Dang, we thought you might be our new Shifty Powers  haha!

37 minutes ago, Yeahloh95 said:

any new updates on due date ? I can still come Thursday

yes and no.  the site still says ETA of 6/18 so 10 days to go as of this post.  however, i called the dealership last night and asked if that was likely true or not.  my sales rep is going to call the depo and try and put a rush on it once it hits the area.  so fingers crossed it shows up earlier than that.  

• Like 1

lol ryan was there long before I was and I think left right around when i did(well when I was let go)...

I cannot wait to see and ride in this car in person! Will be badass

On 6/10/2018 at 12:37 PM, Shifty said:

lol ryan was there long before I was and I think left right around when i did(well when I was let go)...

I cannot wait to see and ride in this car in person! Will be badass

Ahhhhh okies.

Also, the color is sensitive to rock chips!  Will definitely be getting that wrap done ASAP because the hood has a little rock chip already :(

first look before they cleaned it up:

20180614_17552320180614_175535

20180614_175549

and as we got drove away with it:

20180614_195734

20180614_195727

20180614_195756

20180614_195850

20180614_195911

20180614_195841

20180614_195940

20180614_200049

20180614_195946

20180614_200103

and direct sunlight this morning:

20180615_104040

20180615_104012

and now while i wait for the wax to dry:

20180615_174323

20180615_174336

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Evilcw311 said:

Who wins in a race though? 2018 or the 94?

and where’s our Smokey burnout videos?!?

i think from a roll, the 94 would win.  anything else....probably the 18.  anything with a turn, the 18 all the way.

smokey burn out to come after i put some miles on it and get different tires.  not going to burn up sport cup 2's for no reason.  i have michelin pilot sport 4S on order in 305/30 and 325/30 on order.  plan is to try and recoup some of that cost by selling the SC2s.

surprisingly went to a little local show last night and took home some hardware with this car already....i've owned it 12 days and got a trophy.  owned the 94 for over 12 years and have 2 total...

IMG_20180627_064726_883

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Number Tew said:

Lol I don't think new cars should win trophies ;)  It's such a beautiful color though.  It sucks people in lol

oh i completely agree with you.  i felt very very weird going up for it when there was some cool cars there.  but it was a charity show for some kid in the hospital. somebody walked around and took pictures of all the cars and he decided his favorite 5.  he gave the best award to the fire company who brought their truck over.

• Like 2

i think  only old cars that smell like moth ball should win trophies lol I think as long as they are up against other brand new cars it is what it is I like anything that is clean I have seen brand new cars at show and they were filthy

i should move this to the build section at this point...

Friday:

got my new tires put on.  305/30 up front and 325/30 out back.  Michelin pilot sport 4S tires.  the dealership also swapped out the strut tower brace for me that had a large paint gash on it.  not that i'm the type to bitch about a little defect, but it was pretty noticeable and i just asked if they could do anything and they swapped it out.  so +1 for fred beans customer service.  @Yeahloh95 and that cluster glass smudge...dudeman came out with a single serving packet of glasses cleaner that you get at the dollar store and it wiped right off.....i felt so stupid.

IMG_7445IMG_7464IMG_7493

Monday:

took it to get the windows tinted.  went with 20% as i usually do.

20180702_13442820180702_134440

and then did a few things i had been collecting and waiting for this week to put on while i had a few days off.

UPR catch can.  i couldn't get the clips off or i would have put this on sooner.  had to take the strut tower brace off (this is when i discovered the defect) and wanted the dealership to look at it first.  but now that it was replaced, this can went on.  also cut a bunch of stupid part number labels off various items.  cleaned up the bay a smidge.

20180702_174228

AM wanted like $40 for this dead pedal.  found it on aliexpress for $4 shipped from china.  came in like 3 days amazingly.  now all the pedals match (it was previously just plastic)

20180702_175511

also switched out the clutch pedal spring.  everybody said it's a night/day difference.  i wouldn't go that far, but it is a lot smoother to shift.  can feel the grab point more now.  realized i didn't take a picture of that.

next up was the steeda shifter base bushing i scored at the AM show for half off in their scratch and dent tent.  no clue why it was in there, but whatever, it was in perfect condition.  you can see why the stock shifter is sooooo spongy.  this was a significant improvement in the feel of the car.  really makes shifting smoother and more confident of what gear you're going into.

20180702_200533

and lastly, my boss and i went halvsies on a pair of polk speakers for the center dash speaker.  "they" say it is single handedly responsible for the muddy sound stage of the car.  $40 for the pair on amazon, so sure why not give it a shot.  it does really make a difference.  lot cleaner sound now.  these are pictures from when my boss did his (his pictures are better)

stock:

new:

now to just drive the piss out of it.  few things will be bought sooner rather than later.  still need to get the spoiler situation figured out and going to get jacking rails like real soon.

Lol You have done waaaaay more than we plan to do.  I love how you already replaced tires on a brand new car haha!  It looks killer.

I can't recommend the MGW enough.  If you think that bushing made a big difference, you'd be blown away with the MGW.

• Like 1

haven't updated this in a while.  i did end up getting jacking rails a while back for it when Steeda came out with full lengths.  they are great and really make it easy to jack this thing up.

i sold the stock sport cup 2 tires.

had the driver's side rear tire replaced twice now because of punctures.  the extended wheel/tire warranty i got when i bought the car has paid for itself twice now. 

really just driving it and enjoying the car.  it was FILTHY from the past couple weeks of salty roads.  washed it last night finally because we are in a heat wave.  wheels were still dirty when i snapped this picture, but i dried it because i was loosing the light and wanted a pic

20190204_170951

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeahloh95 said:

i am liking that color maybe i'll get one ????

you could be the third person on this site with a lightning blue s550

• Like 1

moved this thread to the project car section because at this point, that's more what this is.  also changed the title.

a while back i ordered new front brake pads but have yet to switch them out because i want to wait for more warmer weather to do so so that i can bed them properly.  got Power Stop Z23 ceramic pads.  mostly want them for less brake dust.  the stock pads are INSANELY dusty.  

Few weeks back i ordered some new trans fluid.  apparently a big difference for the MT82 transmission.

s603356336349758280_p4_i8_w777.jpeg

changed that out and normal shifting does seem slightly better, but not that much.  supposed to help with cold shifting and has higher operating temp for spirited driving situations.  haven't really given it the business yet so hopefully it will shine more there.

i also changed out the engine oil for the first time myself.  learned a very important lesson.  10 qts of warm oil shoots out of the pan like turning on a fire hose so you better be ready and have the pan held up to catch the initial rush.  replaced the stock plastic plug with a UPR billet plug w/ magnetic tip.

2018-2019-mustang-gt-and-2016_fbfae816.j

next up on the list was a couple suspension things i've wanted to get.  biggest being the Steeda 'Stop The Hop' kit.  they offer 3 different ones; starter, enthusiast, and ultimate.  each has its purpose.  the starter kit is ideal for street with some track/strip duty.  big thing here is that it doesn't introduce any NVH which is what i wanted being as this is a DD.  The enthusiast kit adds Rear Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings which would help for track use but adds NVH.  the ultimate kit is designed for a solid setup ideal for drag strip launches which i couldn't care less about for the most part.  i might take it down the strip a few times, but not interested in building it for that purpose.

stopthehop.jpg&maxx=600&maxy=400

opted to also get the Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System.  comes with two different bushing densities for street (red) or performance (black).  i think i'm going to start with the black and if it does introduce any NVH, i'll switch to the red ones.  

555-4439-bushing-irs-kit.jpg&maxx=600&ma

next up to be ordered probably monday will be some exterior goodies.