Prokiller

2018 GT premium PP2 - The PP2BLU

nice.

i'm still not decided on the diff bushings.  i can start with the stiffer ones and if there is NVH, pull them out for the softer ones.  or i go with the softer ones and if i still feel there is something on the table, switch to the harder ones.  

One of our local buddy's did the bushing inserts and pulled them back out after like 20 miles. He said the gear whine was amplified like 10 fold and he couldn't stand it. We haven't touched jo's for fear of the same thing. Her car already feels REAL stiff with the camber arm, vertical links, toe arms, and Cradle lock out. We just added the BMR 672 front & rear IRS Brace and can't immediately tell a huge difference but we havent gotten many miles on it yet to feel it all out. 

21 hours ago, Det_Riot said:

One of our local buddy's did the bushing inserts and pulled them back out after like 20 miles. He said the gear whine was amplified like 10 fold and he couldn't stand it. We haven't touched jo's for fear of the same thing. Her car already feels REAL stiff with the camber arm, vertical links, toe arms, and Cradle lock out. We just added the BMR 672 front & rear IRS Brace and can't immediately tell a huge difference but we havent gotten many miles on it yet to feel it all out. 

do you know which ones he used?  

i ordered some things yesterday.  Anderson carbon fiber GT350R spoiler, CDC side splitters and a rubber trunk mat.

4 hours ago, Prokiller said:

do you know which ones he used?  

i ordered some things yesterday.  Anderson carbon fiber GT350R spoiler, CDC side splitters and a rubber trunk mat.

To be honest I don't remember what he said, but I THINK they were the BMR's. the AC R spoiler is niceeeee, but be prepared to be pissed because I think your trunk has two center bolt holes that you'll have ot get filled or find a spare decklid for =X

15 minutes ago, Det_Riot said:

To be honest I don't remember what he said, but I THINK they were the BMR's. the AC R spoiler is niceeeee, but be prepared to be pissed because I think your trunk has two center bolt holes that you'll have ot get filled or find a spare decklid for =X

oh i'm well aware of the trunk hole situation.  that's the reason it took me so long to get it.  i was going to get it before i even owned the car!

• Like 1

so friday sucked....

driving home from a customer tour thing (which ended up being a waste of time), i'm in a line of cars maybe the 5th one in the left lane doing about 70mph.  all of a sudden feel the rear end go wonky and look out the pass mirror and see all kinds of smoke.  i quick pull over and find this:

20190329_124422_003

very strange that the liner would just fall out like that.  i can't get it to go back in so i decide to just pull it out so i can get home and deal with it there.

get it halfway out and then see this

so i had to do this

20190329_143516

tire was completely flat by the time we got it home, but i pumped it up enough to drive it off the trailer and into the garage.  called up the dealership to get a new tire (my 3rd puncture now on the rear tires of this car and i haven't even owned it a year.  hasn't hit 10k miles yet either) just in case they can't patch it.  it's in the middle of the tread but thats a rather large puncture.  also had them order me a new fender liner.

but what i thought would be good news is my anderson composites carbon fiber GT350R spoiler was waiting when i got home.  wasn't too happy to see it was only wrapped in bubble wrap and not in a box...

20190329_170640

oohhh carbon fiber goodness...

20190329_170643

flip it over aaaaannnnnddddd....

20190329_17080420190329_17080820190329_17081320190329_170817

so another nail in the bad day coffin... @Shifty and @stprorolla49 were going to come over that night to put on the steeda stop the hop kit but instead, i just couldn't handle much car things so just got drunk instead.  

saturday i did get a new top box though so at least i got that going for me.

20190330_154120

second spoiler also came in the same way.

hopefully the 3rd one will be the charm...oh wait, it's out of stock for 2-3 weeks...

take the car to get the tire patched/replaced and the fender liner installed yesterday.  they had to replace the tire and then tried to charge me for it...i don't know how many times i said its under warranty.  they inspected it while it was there which at the time was nice.  get it home to put the stock wheels/tires back on and find out they never even put in the fender liner like i told them to multiple times!!!!  so i called them this morning and just going to pick it up and do it myself.  

but meanwhile after i put the car on the ground, had a sit on the redneck couch and a gust of wind blew this over...

two good sized dents...the second one is hard to see in the pic, but it's about the same as the other one.  i don't know what the fuck is going on lately but i'm fucking cursed it seems.

finally got the ambition enough to put the fender liner back in and realized the plot thickens....

20190416_193223

there's supposed to be a support piece coming off there that keeps the liner stable.  i think i can get this piece as a replacement.  seems it just holds the bumper to the frame up top.

the bumper mount also got broken a little bit but i didn't snap a picture of it.  basically it's a strip of material at a T from the bumper to mount it.  you can see the one bolt head in the picture above.  to fix that would require replacing the whole bumper which i'm sure as shit not doing.

20190416_19323620190416_193244

these two are the diffuser.  snapped it in two places.  since i never noticed it until now, i'm not overly concerned about it.  again, doubtful i'll ever replace it unless i go with a different one that i like better than stock.  but at the current moment, there isn't any out there to replace the 18+, only 15-17 ones.  i think there is a carbon fiber one, but not going to spend that kind of money for a DD.  spoiler is one thing, but a diffuser that sits 6" from the ground is another...  i also want to look up rear spats to see how they mount; if i can't fix it, might as well cover it up mentality.

but in the end, i got it mounted up despite having to make some different things work to mount it securely.

Ryan, send me a picture of what that support thing looks like on the other side. I'll check out the donor car and see if we still have that piece on it. Let me know if there's anything else random (clips, etc) that you're missing. 

got the dents pulled from a PDR place.  $400 and you can't see them anymore.  need to snap a picture of it but even when i was giving it a good washing last night, i couldn't find them.  so yay for that!

as for the spoiler, AM auto cancelled my order like a bunch of jackasses.  so now just waiting for my refund, which i'm going to call and bitch about today.  On the plus side of that, i found an ad on the mustang6g forum for a dude selling one for $675.  ended up the guy is in Gilbertsville which is like 20 min away from me.  met up with him wednesday night and got it off him.  pristine condition with hardware.

20190501_185514

slight weave imperfection so you know its real.  took me like a minute to get the right angle to get this picture.  so really unless you are looking for it, you won't see it.

20190501_185543

oh and it hit 10k miles

20190430_174135

• Like 1

guess i can update this with a few things.

brought both cars to ford carlisle.  @Yeahloh95 got us in the redline tuning booth with his focus ST and the 18.  got free hood struts installed for doing it.  so that was cool

scored a great deal (thanks @69clark) on a mishimoto expansion tank.  got that swapped out last weekend

IMG_20190609_113616

topped it off with a bottle of water wetter and some 50/50 motorcraft coolant.

the best thing though from carlisle was finding a new trunk lid.  i was trying to talk a girl into swapping trunk lids but she wasn't having it.  so walking the swap meet we found a complete setup off a black 15-17 car.  guy wanted $200 which i was willing to pay, but only $175 cash at that point so i offered him that and he took it.  walked away with a COMPLETE setup: trunk lid, stock spoiler, decklid taillight panel with GT emblem, backup camera, underside carpet panel thing, wire harness cut off with plenty of room to splice, latch, and hinges!  all for 175.  brought it back to the 18 at the redline booth almost burning my hands in the process (black metal panels sitting out in the sun get hot).  hour or so later, Troy gets a call from the redline guys saying there is a guy there that wants to know if i'll sell the spoiler off the trunk lid.  we hightail it back and pull it off and sell it to the guy for $40.  so now i've got 135 into a spare trunk. 

stripped all the stuff off of it and dropped it off to my painter last week to weld up the holes and paint.  so now i get to keep my factory lid and swap this on with the CF GT350R.  so win win for me.

• Like 1

installed the Steeda Stop the Hop starter kit which includes IRS subframe braces, bushing support system and alignment bushings.  i had previously installed just the braces for a couple months but finally got time yesterday to install the rest of it.  the braces hadn't done much to be noticeable but man did the other two make a huge difference.  like everything else, it took way longer than it should have just to figure out how to install them.  started with the drivers side and struggled like crazy to get the ones in the bottom left of this picture in:

555-4450.jpg&maxx=600&maxy=400

you have to wedge the smaller section and wiggle it around and there is barely enough room.  lube is your friend.  i messed with that one for like an hour yesterday.  finally got it then did the passenger side in like not even 10 minutes.  

washed the car and then took it out for a spin to see the difference.  wow what a difference.  no NVH at all but i gave it some full throttle at a 90degree turn right at the apex and expected to have some slop and nope.  it just hooked and i almost put it into the corn field because i wasn't expecting that much grip.  after the initial oh shit and correction i was grinning.  who would have thought that $300 worth of suspension stuff would make that much of a difference in an already stellar handling car.

i still have the diff bushing system

steeda-differential-bushings-inserts-system-kit.jpg&maxx=600&maxy=400

to install but was running out of time last night and also wanted to see the difference from just the above kit first.  some have said this introduces a decent bit of NVH in the form of gear whine.  which is something i will not tolerate with this car.  i'll go full solid in the 94 without thinking twice about it, but not this one.

• Like 1

so been a while and a few updates for this thing...

got some tint installed from anchor-room on the headlights to cover the reflectors.

20190724_195731

got some clear LED rear side markers on clearance:

20190724_201910

finally got my painter to fill the holes and paint the decklid i scored at Carlisle so i could put my carbon fiber GT350R spoiler on.  the wife hand stitched a cover for the trunk lid cover panel using blue stitching and black vinyl.  turned out half decent.  something different than stock at least.  don't have any pictures on my phone it seems though of that....

the wife then continued to surprise me with buying an RTR upper and lower grille w/ lights while i was in Germany.  it was listed as out of stock for a long while so color me shocked when i came the week before we left for MW to find a bunch of RTR boxes sitting out front of the house.  never even got a shipping notification.  so of course immediately started the install of that.

those pics were from Mustang Week....which sucked balls because of hurricane Dorian.  which can go suck a giant donkey scrotum.  ruined our vacation....

last thing to post up though is while i changed the oil the night before we left for MW, i was just looking over stuff underneath and noticed that the driver's front sway bar end link was bent.

passenger side:

20190828_204441

driver's side:

20190828_204409

little hard to tell in the pictures, but i was holding up a straight edge and you can see the bend to it.  don't know how long it's been bent like this so i wasn't too worried about scrambling for a replacement before MW.  doubt i could have gotten one regardless and i figured i'd likely get some kind of discount from somebody while down in MW....that didn't happen so i ordered some Steeda end links saturday and hopefully will arrive this week.  went with both front and rears while i was getting them.

• Like 1

not a big update but the Steeda end links took about 3 weeks to get to me.  got them installed friday night.  drove it then this morning and it did make a noticeable difference.  i guess i never noticed when it bent but now having replaced it and put better/stronger end links on all 4 corners, it definitely handles better.  i was taking this one turn at high 40pmh each day and this morning did the same thing and i could definitely have pushed it above 50mph now.  i guess i just got used to it.  i only snapped a pic of one of the rear ones installed.  forgot to get a pic of the front before i buttoned it all back up.

20191011_164525

and my dad put new wheels on the 57 chevy along with sway bars and front disc brakes.

20191013_113817