TTSALEEN

The Return of the TTSaleen

39 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Hell yeah! Glad to see it running again. Can I ask why you originally used expoxy vs welding the intake? 

Sure.  Back in 2008 Starnes Racing told me they could modify it from the Navigator to the Ford GT style location ports.

They didn't tell me how, but it wasn't cheap.

I understand from talking to Mel @ Fastlane that using epoxy is not uncommon, but most engine builders use it sparingly and in very thin coats.

My intake had thick spots of it where the ports were reshaped, which I assume is alot easier to do with  epoxy than trying to weld in and grind down aluminum.

Mel actually ground all the old out and put a very thin layer of new epoxy in it and then reshaped the ports to work.

Car runs great, so it should be good to go now.

I plan to pull the engine this winter and freshen it up since after 11 years it is about time.

Ryan

So all my prep for Mustang week 2019 was a waste as most of yall's was too.

Got a new set of rear wheels - Bogart RT 15x10" with 6.5" backspace.

Took them to MacFab Beadlocks to get a beadlock installed.  Couldn't decide between polished (like I have on my 16's) or black so I chose both.  LOL.

The black look real nice!

Also mounted a new set of 275-60-15 M/T ET Street Radial Pro tires on it.

Seems to hook real good on the street from a roll.

Can't wait to go to the track and try it out soon!

IMG_6366_zpsvwzui4p8.jpg

275_zpsnws1pbcr.jpg

• Like 1

So here's the latest update -

The stupid Quick6 firmware update did NOT fix my ERROR problem during the burnout.

Upon my burnout, the car displayed OSS ERROR and transbrake would not work just like before.  I had to turn off car and restart to clear the problem.

Next I am on the new 275 radials.  These hook pretty good, but my car still twists so bad that it unloads the car and spins.

I really need to get a rollcage installed and a antiroll bar along with updated shocks/struts to help this thing out.

Lastly, I still have a problem with a flutter/surge at higher rpm.  Gonna do a leakdown/compression check first but I think maybe my 11 year old valvesprings are weak.

Slowly trying to get this thing ironed out!

Went a best of 6.1 @ 117mph last night with a terrible 1.54 sixty foot time and the above issues on the lower boost (pump gas) tune up.

• Like 1

Found a problem in my ignition system.
My MSD coils that are over 12 years old, have some rotted connections.  I attribute this to some water/moisture getting in there over the years.
So a new set of coils and a new set of spark plug wires later and the car seems to be running stronger.
I also installed a MSD Tach adapter to feed a clean RPM signal to my Quick 6 trans controller.  So far no OSS Error codes anymore while doing a burnout.

True test will be next time I goto the track.

Had my new tuner riding shotgun watching the laptop and doing datalogs.
:)
She had no fear.  Better than some grown men that have sat in that passenger seat.  LOL

Well after putting it off for way too long, I finally had a 6 point rollbar installed into the TTSaleen.
This came about while I was also performing some rearend suspension modifications and stiffening up the chassis. 
I took the car to Jason Brazzel in Cove City, NC for the work.
He did a great job fabbing up the rollbar for me to still allow my leather seats front/rear to fit.
He also built new full length subframe connectors and tied the rollbar thru the floor into them. 
I added an antirollbar to the car which attaches under the rearend to allow me to retain the tailpipes (street car!).

Hopefully with these changes, the car will not flex as bad, be safer, and allow me to get more of this power to the ground.

IMG_4516_zps6cowescu.jpeg
IMG_7180_zps5v6cwhnw.jpg
IMG_4538_zpszogjypkm.jpeg
IMG_4540_zps5mr0izak.jpeg
IMG_7199_zpsdemtn16p.jpg
IMG_4496_zpssd6gtur3.jpeg
IMG_7186_zpscby6vn75.jpg
BKWM2636_zpsr30t3pka.jpg
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Man! All that work, just to find more problems. That truly sucks. What you said was clear as day, it hooked up and left hard, you needed more power at the launch. Great work though, I’m looking forward to seeing it sorted out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttocs said:

you did not even have sub frame connectors yet?  I am willing to bet you will notice a difference going from that to fully caged lol....

I had maximum motorsports subframe connectors.  Jason cut those out and made his own which he tied into the rollbar (cut holes thru the floor).

Check out my latest video from today.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, Evilcw311 said:

Those look awesome!!!!

What did you ever decide to do about the trans controller issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to US Shift and ran a separate input for RPM signal to their control box.  But not had a chance to test it at the track to see if it fixed the shifting yet.

With the turbo upgrades, I also have a new boost controller to install with CO2 that I haven't done yet.

Once I get all these things done, I hope to get a track outing in the books soon to see how the car will react. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh no! That sucks. Sorry to hear that man. I do like the idea of increased compression and bigger blower though lol. Next thing you know, you’ll be shooting for 1k rwhp on this one. 

That could be your title for the next thread, “Mild built Mach 1, only 1k rwhp”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Oh no! That sucks. Sorry to hear that man. I do like the idea of increased compression and bigger blower though lol. Next thing you know, you’ll be shooting for 1k rwhp on this one. 

That could be your title for the next thread, “Mild built Mach 1, only 1k rwhp”. 

It could be known as the Mach 1K then.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Evilcw311 said:

Dude so sorry to hear that about your dad. You two look a lot alike.

Did they at least let some of the brothers in to do his final rights at the funeral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could only have 20 total people at the funeral home and the grave site.

His brothers were there, but had to keep their distance.

It sucks they way it works these days due to Coronavirus.

There was no military presence due to this as well.