Steve-Oh

Paul might nut himself.

Just gonna go ahead and guess that once Paul sees this thread, we'll need to move it to RR... Oh wait, we pretty much have this thread already in RR... Just without a Halloween car at the beginning.

You guys are beating this 4.6 vs coyote shit to death, jesus christ who cares.

Anyway, nice swap though, not too crazy on the looks of the car that much.

Just gonna go ahead and guess that once Paul sees this thread, we'll need to move it to RR... Oh wait, we pretty much have this thread already in RR... Just without a Halloween car at the beginning.

You guys are beating this 4.6 vs coyote shit to death, jesus christ who cares.

Anyway, nice swap though, not too crazy on the looks of the car that much.

I know it's hard to tell from the pics (cause they're awful) but the engine bay was extremely clean. I guess thats a bonus of having the newer style motor in your car, nice plastic piece to cover all the riff raff. As much as I dig comp orange I feel there is much more potential in the wheel department.

I know it's hard to tell from the pics (cause they're awful) but the engine bay was extremely clean. I guess thats a bonus of having the newer style motor in your car, nice plastic piece to cover all the riff raff. As much as I dig comp orange I feel there is much more potential in the wheel department.

Yea the wheels kill it the most, with that much cash tied up under the hood, it needs a proper set of wheels to round out the package for sure.

Besides that, the $10k he's thinking of includes EVERYTHING I've done to the car. the motor itself was 6k.

That's not what I'm thinking, and the motor cost more than $6,000. Just the heads/cams were $2579, (your receipt says so) plus another $4500 for the Livernois shortblock alone and you're over seven grand. Add all the other stuff you need on a 4.6 2v to make any power, and you're WAAAAAY over six grand. Please give up the "you can make 350rwhp for six grand in an N/A 4.6 2v" argument, because it's just completely false and factually inaccurate. By the time you get where you're at, you have a ten thousand dollar swap there. Minimum. Period.

Please. Just stop. Accept reality.

Paul.

I think you could put together a 350 rwhp 2v for less than 6k no problems.

MMR street mod 600 is 2400, supply your old block and the price is 2200, have them do high compression piston setup

Now you could easily buy some used heads/cams setup to make good power but just for the sake of argument, lets go with the most expensive option possible, the trick flow top end kit. 3100~

At this point you might have 5300-5500 bucks in the motor, most of that being the expensive ass trickflow top end kit and should make 350 rwhp even with the stock PI intake.

Spend a little more money, the edelbrock victor Jr intake is only like 300 bucks + an elbow, 100 bucks, rails 100 bucks, puts you right around 6k on the build but maybe you make closer to 400 rwhp now?

Anyways, it can be done, very easily if you pick up some used heads/cams or intake.

I know Ive only got 3500 bucks in my longblock...if it were made to be NA with some higher compression I dont see why it wouldnt be able to do 350 rwhp NA

Edited by justinschmidt1

Not reading 5 pages of crap, but I agree with justin a stout 4.6 2v can be had for less then $3500 very easy..

My 5.4 2v was $1400 shipped and I had roughly $1500 into the lightning blower and supporting mods. At 8psi at the motor there said to be 380/450 :) little different setup but alot cheaper...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Edited by 330CubeGt

Yea, with boost making power is easy....I mean all I had was a 700 dollar Pi motor and a pieced together 2k vortech setup and that was enough to run low 11s for me and make 385 rwhp through an auto.

Even N/A if I had $3500 I could put out 350rwhp to the ground if I already had a complete 2v motor to start with. Would just take alot more time and labor to make it happen... Talking from a DIY stand point anyway...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2