smallblocksn95

351w swap hints and tricks?

i looked into aeromotive rails but they just seem ungodly expensive for what they are

I agree they are expensive. For the price of the rails and intake manifold/elbow combined this looks to be a great deal. I would of bought this myself had I not already bought my rails, upper/lower and powdercoated them already: http://www.cprparts.com/products/airfuel/spyder.html

Sent from Space

i looked into aeromotive rails but they just seem ungodly expensive for what they are

I agree they are expensive. For the price of the rails and intake manifold/elbow combined this looks to be a great deal. I would of bought this myself had I not already bought my rails, upper/lower and powdercoated them already: http://www.cprparts.com/products/airfuel/spyder.html

Sent from Space

Too bad I can't find rails to a 95 R... Because that's the intake I'm using

They were stock SN rails with longer crossover tubes...

As for those of you who think using clamps on fuel lines is dangerous, obviously don't get away from the Ford brand much. Companies like Subaru, Nissan, and Toyota have been using clamped fuel injection lines since the 80's.

Edited by The Mk2

They were stock SN rails with longer crossover tubes...

As for those of you who think using clamps on fuel lines is dangerous, obviously don't get away from the Ford brand much. Companies like Subaru, Nissan, and Toyota have been using clamped fuel injection lines since the 80's.

Thanks for your .02!

got a little bored today lol. I was suprised by the height diffrence between the lower intakes, and started shopping around for machine shops. I have an honest question, so no flaming please. Will AFR 185's be too small for a 357? Im not looking for an all out race motor here, so keep that in mind please

got a little bored today lol. I was suprised by the height diffrence between the lower intakes, and started shopping around for machine shops. I have an honest question, so no flaming please. Will AFR 185's be too small for a 357? Im not looking for an all out race motor here, so keep that in mind please

They won't be too small at all. I have a set in my garage that I grabbed from someone second hand. They are still NIB never been mounted. I didn't realize that they were pedestal mount, and I don't think they will do well in my 347 that sees 7000 rpm on a regular basis. Pm me if you are interested in saving some money over a new pair from a vendor.

Your building a 427 and now your gonna throw heads that guys are using on little 302s? Need I even go futher..I know you said that your not building a race motor, but Whats the sence of building a monster stroker? just remember the old saying 302 parts make 302 power...

Do you really want to buy heads twice? Its to small of a head for a 427. I run 234cc heads on my 351. You either have to build and buy the parts now for the 427 build or your going to be rebuying parts all over again if you buy it all now then bore the engine out later on.