Luis@OrtizPerformance

Wile E Coyote Build

Is it hard to do an A/C delete? ..I have been thinking about doing it for a while, mostly because I never use my A/C and not to mention it doesnt work anyway lol.

Not hard, I know someone sells a kit (can't remember the vendor) that I basically a bracket with an idler pulley that les you use your stock belt. Te bracket just replaces your ac compressor.

Thanks Erik, I am aware of the delete kit, it was more the process of getting all the pumps and tubing out.

Thats even easier to do. There are (2) 13mm bolts that hol the lines onto the condensor and then just disconnect the spring locks where the ac accumulator is and then your done!!

Thanks Erik!! I'm going to delete all the a/c stuff and not even use a bracket with idler. Just going to switch the smooth idler to a ribbed one, the belt will go in front of the tensioner, and then to the crank, that way the tensioner is still doing its job while deleting the a/c system as well. Plus, tons more weight to be taken off, it's not a street car so I don't think I will miss it.

So I finally found a guy that does AMAZING work on customizing long tube headers. I will be running stock logs for the mean time so that is going to bring my expected power level by a lot. My budget for those headers is $1200 so hopefully he stays within that budget. I know the other company already makes them but they were for the 2v so I'm not exactly sure if they will fit perfect on my car or not.

Since I have the engine out and valve covers easily accessible, what wrinkle paint should I get? Thinking about black but don't think the covers will "Pop" under the hood because its too dark. Maybe Ford Blue in wrinkle paint?

Mine will be black with the powered by Svt cop covers. That will stand out even with my black car. The ford blue powder coat is awesome if you can find it. Now as far as wrinkle paint-I'm not sure!! :(

Lol, it might go in as soon as Friday afternoon after class. I have to port a blower, plenum, and throttle body for a Lightning on Saturday and Sunday is my one actual day off. If not Friday then Monday for sure. I need to find some headers first, need stock logs.

Lol, I still need to buy and install stock headers. It would be way easier to install the headers when the engine is out but I'm Ortiz and Ortiz says the engine is going in tomorrow. The o/r x pipe is out anyways so installing the headers with the engine in wont be too bad. Plus, my tubular front end suspension will make it easier anyways. I just don't like having my engine out taking a TON of space.