Luis@OrtizPerformance

Wile E Coyote Build

Lining up the transmission, bolting it down, stock headers, gaskets for the headers, installing the starter, installing my x pipe, install my Bassani exhaust, buy another FPDM (Sold mine when I went return style but now going back returnless) buy some terminator pumps, hook up all the wiring, all the vacuum lines, buy chain tensioners, clock everything, measure pulleys for a belt, make a bracket for the alternator, do a compression test, and more stuff I'm forgetting right now.

Had to shave the sides of the heads, measure everything to make sure it'll seal up perfectly, drilled and tapped for the new bolts, and thats it. It doesnt sound like much but its a lot of work to make sure it seals up perfectly, trust me.

Yea, I can imagine, looks good, cant wait to see how it runs

Havent had any updates. The tuning with tuner special just ended today so I have been busy with all of that. I have also been busy trying to become a dealer on more performance parts for you guys ;).

Thats fair enough dude, all respect for you taking care of your business, we all have bills to pay too. I am glad to hear things are going well for you dude, well happy on your behalf at least. :)

no homo

I might have one laying around. Once I get Thanksgiving break from my Ford class I will tackle this thing again. What fucking sucks balls is lining the engine up to the transmission with the shield as well. I will loosen up the mounts, hoist it up a little bit, just enough to line a couple of the bolts together and bolt her on. Once I do that, I'm going to install the stock terminator manifolds and my o/r x pipe. Then I will buy the chain tensioners and finish timing it.

I NEED NEED NEED someone to fashion me a bracket to relocate my alternator to where my a/c is at or have my timing cover welded up with some bosses to mount my alternator facing towards the engine. I know Jason does fabbing but don't know if he can do cast aluminum or have the time to do something like this for me. I just need two bosses welded onto the timing cover with some THICK welds that wont break and have it line up with the rest of the pulleys.

If I can get that I will be back in the game!!!!!!!

I want to have 2 bosses welded onto the timing cover. The alternator will face towards the engine just like my Tork Tech kit did. I need those bosses measured and welded onto the timing cover so I can mount my alternator so it can be aligned with the rest of the pulleys.

If the 90 mm doesn't perform better than the 80 mm, it seems pointless to specifically go for the 90 mm.

If they will make the car perform the same, then I'd just go for which ever one you can get the best deal on / which ever one is the cheapest.

Just my opinion.

Edited by MMR
Clarified my comment a bit.

They are both around the same price. As for power gains, it'll probably next to nothing so I guess I will go with the 80mm one.

Edit - Looks like I'm going to have to go with the 90mm. Reason why is because the bolt pattern on the 80mm is too short for my Coyote intake. Its 3.25" all around while the 90mm is 4" all around. I'll just have to drill some holes on the spacer to put the bolts for the coyote intake and then it'll bolt up directly to the throttle body.

Edited by Luis@OrtizPerformance

Well I went ahead and bought the 90mm throttle body. I made some measurements and the inlet is somewhere around 3 5/8" while the 90mm is around 3.5" so its going to be a close fit. This thing has a 4" opening and the blade itself is as big as the Lightning MAF so its MASSIVE.

Idk when I'll be able to get my parts but I keep thinking about what kind of power I'll be seeing. I already have the "true" flat top pistons on this 5.4 making the compression be at around 11.7-11.6, I have the 4v heads from a Navigator that has bigger ports from the factory, 200* duration Cobra cams, I have the under drive pulleys, O/R X pipe, 90mm throttle body, the Coyote intake with the perfect runner length for my application, I'll be tuning it as well. Hopefully I'll be in the 425rwhp with these mods.

Whatever power it puts out I'll be happy because NOTHING in this build was easy.

Did you figure out someone to weld the bracket? I have been reading your thread, as I found an 80k navigator engine for cheap. But I was going to try and fab an upper sheet metal intake instead. Just have to locate a welder first, might give it a shot if the red car ever gets finished painted. I can't argue with the painter because he is my friend, an awesome painter and cheap!

Yes, the member that replied on post #152 will be buying my engine. I just don't have the time anymore to work on it. I hardly have time to come back here on the forums, let alone work on a custom build. He'll take great care of it no problem though. My plans are now trading my spare 4v heads with cams to Erik for his 2v heads and intake. I'll be buying an NPI block to raise the compression, add some HiTech Stage 2 cams, and some long tubes as well. I know I know, this build was started by me but thankfully a member here will continue this build :)