WildWillyWalker

Let The Powder Coating Begin

Looks like your all set up for a game of washers and if you said it like a true Midwesterner there is an extra "R" pronounced while saying "waRsher" for some ungodly reason.

God I can't stand it when people do that. One of the biggest reasons I can't stand Luke Bryan the country singer.

Willy you are doing a great job!! Keep us posted!!

the car they are going on is 04 comp orange with the euro package. the color is very close but i think the FORD comp orange is a bit more red than the color we chose for the pipes. i will get pics as soon as the pipes go on. Im supposed to be fabing a down pipe and exhaust for the turbo..... so it will show up at my house eventually

Originally it was called Parnelli Jones red.... but yea it has moar red then orange.

Yea I have never understood how the "R" got into "wash" since the Midwestern area is generally pretty neutral for dialects imo. I mean a couple of words here/there are funny but its not like when you step foot in Ky from Indiana and suddenly you have to add "Y's" to every 3rd word if it doesn't have one.

Yea I have never understood how the "R" got into "wash" since the Midwestern area is generally pretty neutral for dialects imo. I mean a couple of words here/there are funny but its not like when you step foot in Ky from Indiana and suddenly you have to add "Y's" to every 3rd word if it doesn't have one.

My neighbor growing up in Houston was from Ohio. He used to "warsh" his truck all the time. We used to make fun of him and ask him if it was going to be cleaner if he washed it, or warshed it. lol

A friend of [MENTION=172]Sleeperstang1994[/MENTION] bought a nitrous bottle to turn into a cup holder. He also bought transparent blue powder coat for us to spray the bottle. He cut two pieces out and I tested the powder on them to see what it looked like over polished aluminum and over a chrome base (It does require a base coat). I forgot to heat up the polished piece and it didn't stick for crap. I'm honestly not sure if it's because I didn't heat it up or because the blue requires a base coat.

IMG_5724_zps4603f57f.jpg

IMG_5730_zpsa80d9a78.jpg

IMG_5735_zps1fcdaf86.jpg

IMG_5741_zpsa59644a1.jpg

[MENTION=5]Det_Riot[/MENTION] few pics of an oil pan we did next to the focus. It's brighter than the car.

ne9y4y6u.jpg

pa4a3u2u.jpg

hatabyre.jpg

They will probably look like crap... F tapatalk.

This is getting sand blasted and done in white to match a friend's Focus ST.

ujujehaq.jpg

I am about to venture down the home powder coating trail myself.  Not for monetary gain though.

I have a gun cabinet by Stack-On that was given to me for free.  So it will be a perfect base for the heating and curing oven.  I figure I can suspend it in a chassis, cover it in insulation and sheet it in a metal shell.  Might use either a pair of toaster oven elements/controls or cannibalize a electric kitchen oven.  http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/61

Do you guys acetone bath your parts first, then preheat them to get them to dry and expose anything else embedded so you can wipe it off? 

I like that clear on the intake.  I have some fabricated aluminum parts that I would like to just clear to keep the aluminum finish below.

we have a pretreatment that i use on aluminum parts that we got from columbia coatings. not sure what its made out of actually. definitly bake all your items first. you wouldnt believe what gets sucked into metal over time. The pre heating helps to draw the impuritys out. For the most part i can say the PC has been rewarding. We have made our money back and then some. currently working on building a new larger oven and a legit powder booth. sick of having yellow powder all over my tool box :)

Some bright pink would suit your personality and the car's the best!

Oddly enough that sounds like a good idea. Pink calipers with gold wheels might not jive though lol

Sent from Space