iRoush

Go-Pro Video cameras will be obsolete next month!

The release of the new Sony Action-Cam is here. I've personally been able to use these on my brothers drift car and must say, after utilizing it, go pro can kiss my ass and die a fiery death. Sony outdid go pro by a long shot with these and better yet, my brother will be the face of the new camera with his "Speed Racer" M helmet seen in this video haha. Look for a commercial to be coming out with him in it too!

That's pretty sweet. I doubt it will compete well, let alone make GoPro obsolete, but it is pretty cool.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk 2

Having both used the newest go pro vs. this camera. the Action cam is more versatile, easy to use, longer battery life, has a WAY better mic to pick up sound, and a lot of other nice features. Go Pro would have to completely redesign their junk to compete to be honest.

And priced at $200... it's $100 cheaper than the new HD hero 2.

Edited by iRoush

Sound is nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

As soon as they release them I'll actually be able to mount ours on something other than the drift car haha. That way we can let you use it down the track instead of having the go pro die on us.

Having both used the newest go pro vs. this camera. the Action cam is more versatile, easy to use, longer battery life, has WAY better speakers to pick up sound, and a lot of other nice features. Go Pro would have to completely redesign their junk to compete to be honest.

And priced at $200... it's $100 cheaper than the new HD hero 2.

speaker or mics? to pick up sound

gonna need boobies shots of the passenger to make my judgement.....

wait wrong topic. The footage is great though! It is highly possible i'll be picking one of these up when i get some cashflow!

lmao. won't have that problem with the Sony, rechargeable battery, unlike the AAA powered Go pro lol.
Our Go Pros all came with Rechargeable battery packs? Me myself will make the push to Replay XD, those things are sick and a lot easier to use than GoPro IMO.

Our Go Pros all came with Rechargeable battery packs? Me myself will make the push to Replay XD, those things are sick and a lot easier to use than GoPro IMO.

The base go pro does not. I'm comparing base action cam to base go pro and there are a LOT more benefits from the Action Cam.

all cameras in this vid are action cams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNBPG4TIrY

Is that your car at 1:22?

I don't know how you could compare the original base Go-Pro to the Hero 2. The Hero 2 is so much better quality, even compared to the Hero 1. Is the Sony going to be water proof, have dive accessories and water mounts, external LCD screen with matching waterproof case? IMO Go-Pro pioneered the small high def camera market, I don't think they are going anywhere especially since I think they are hooked up with Red Bull.

Edited by Steve-Oh

I will be interested to see comparison videos. The base gopro is $200, comes with a rechargeable battery and a ton of mounting hardware. It's a bitch to use tho, all my videos start with me starring into the camera for a few seconds to make sure it's recording, and if you fuck with the settings and don't have your little gopro decryption book with you.... you're fucked. Plus, I can't edit any of the videos until I convert them to a final cut pro recognized file type. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the Sony. But I don't agree with calling GoPro "junk". It's an awesome action cam, albeit tricky.

I will be interested to see comparison videos. The base gopro is $200, comes with a rechargeable battery and a ton of mounting hardware. It's a bitch to use tho, all my videos start with me starring into the camera for a few seconds to make sure it's recording, and if you fuck with the settings and don't have your little gopro decryption book with you.... you're fucked. Plus, I can't edit any of the videos until I convert them to a final cut pro recognized file type. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the Sony. But I don't agree with calling GoPro "junk". It's an awesome action cam, albeit tricky.

Should make starting to videos much easier!:thumb::thumb: Also, the Hero 2 solved this issue by putting a blinking light on the back as well.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/

Is that your car at 1:22?

I don't know how you could compare the original base Go-Pro to the Hero 2. The Hero 2 is so much better quality, even compared to the Hero 1. Is the Sony going to be water proof, have dive accessories and water mounts, external LCD screen with matching waterproof case? IMO Go-Pro pioneered the small high def camera market, I don't think they are going anywhere especially since I think they are hooked up with Red Bull.

Yes.

I'm not comparing the hero to the hero 2. I'm comparing the hero 2 to the action cam. Sony is water proof. comes with plenty of mounts, no LCD screen but big screen on the side of the camera that tells you it's on or off. Also comes with wifi capabilities and of course the Sony quality.

Don't get me wrong I like my go pro, it's gone flying off my car on more than one occasion and survived. That being said, the sound quality has always been terrible. Hence why in every commercial and video you see they cover it up with music.

that 2nd vid reminded me of an old memory. Somehow back in phoenix I got on mercedes mailing list and got and invitation to a drive-day event where they had some people out to the huge stadium parking lot and had a bunch of different cars for us to drive. They also had some of thier pro test drivers there that they would put you in an amg with to drive it like we wished we could. It was funny as first we almost got into a fight over shotgun, but I was first to call it he was just mad I beat him to it. The driver took off and we did just like we talked about and held our hands out the window the whole time like a roller coaster. We went for a 2nd ride and got with a different driver this time, our new driver asked who took us last time? My buddy said his name, and I could not help but ensure a good ride by throwing in"OH your the dave-guy he was talking about?! I am sure your not as big of a pussy as he said and can drive just fine." I could tell by the look in his eye he got the joke, my buddy finished the thought by telling him to make sure and scare us. He did a HUGE smoke show off the line. They had not done that up to this point although our arms were out the windows again.

Yes.

I'm not comparing the hero to the hero 2. I'm comparing the hero 2 to the action cam. Sony is water proof. comes with plenty of mounts, no LCD screen but big screen on the side of the camera that tells you it's on or off. Also comes with wifi capabilities and of course the Sony quality.

Don't get me wrong I like my go pro, it's gone flying off my car on more than one occasion and survived. That being said, the sound quality has always been terrible. Hence why in every commercial and video you see they cover it up with music.

Sorry, misunderstood you! When you said "base" I thought you were referring to old Go-Pro models. Regardless, I still think saying it will be obsolete is a bold statement lol but a worthy contender, yes. Sony will def destroy all of the small cameras that have come out to compete with Go-Pro and have faith in Sony considering I love their products. I still stand behind the Go-Pro though!!

Sent from Space

that 2nd vid reminded me of an old memory. Somehow back in phoenix I got on mercedes mailing list and got and invitation to a drive-day event where they had some people out to the huge stadium parking lot and had a bunch of different cars for us to drive. They also had some of thier pro test drivers there that they would put you in an amg with to drive it like we wished we could. It was funny as first we almost got into a fight over shotgun, but I was first to call it he was just mad I beat him to it. The driver took off and we did just like we talked about and held our hands out the window the whole time like a roller coaster. We went for a 2nd ride and got with a different driver this time, our new driver asked who took us last time? My buddy said his name, and I could not help but ensure a good ride by throwing in"OH your the dave-guy he was talking about?! I am sure your not as big of a pussy as he said and can drive just fine." I could tell by the look in his eye he got the joke, my buddy finished the thought by telling him to make sure and scare us. He did a HUGE smoke show off the line. They had not done that up to this point although our arms were out the windows again.

Jesus Scott :rofl:

Sorry, misunderstood you! When you said "base" I thought you were referring to old Go-Pro models. Regardless, I still think saying it will be obsolete is a bold statement lol but a worthy contender, yes. Sony will def destroy all of the small cameras that have come out to compete with Go-Pro and have faith in Sony considering I love their products. I still stand behind the Go-Pro though!!

Sent from Space

Until Go pro plays catch up with sound I'm gonna have to say they're obsolete but that's my opinion of course

Until Go pro plays catch up with sound I'm gonna have to say they're obsolete but that's my opinion of course

Fair enough! The only thing I've had issues with is wind noise, but that's going to be an issue with any uncovered mic.

Sent from Space

my beef is the price for every damn mount.

Well they can't sell you every mount for all their applications, it would just be too expensive. They give you about 10 sticky mounts with any kit though.

Sent from Space

I really do hope the Sony turns out great and can drive down the cost of Go Pro gear. Still, I think Go Pro owns the market and I doubt it will change any time soon. The Go Pro Hero 2 is NOT powered by AAA batteries by the way.

I do admit the wind noise is a issue with the Go Pro, but you can go online and buy a wind baffle that helps to an extent, plus on the newer Go Pros its much less evident. Here is one of the wind baffles you can buy.http://cheesycam.com/gopro-hd-camera-furry-windscreen/http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00533YQVI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=otcdl-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217153&creative=399701&creativeASIN=B00533YQVI

The GoPro is so well known, The rest of the market is years behind and its has rechargeable batteries, mounts for just about anything and is also water proof when you used the case. I have seen personal video from my brother inlaw from tubing in the snow, to drag racing to under water swimming with the fishy's. And although the sound is slightly off i don't think thats a big enough bitch to call them obsolete considering the quality of the product.

The Replay XD looks to be poping up at the local drag strip more and more as i seen a few cars running the this past week.

They have been slow going taking off so im not sure that sony will have much luck either as the picture from the videos you posted looks washed out, But then again the sound is better so who knows...

P.S Brett Sell me your GoPro :)