otherjohnson

Dry Nitrous Kit on a 94-98

I'm running a single-port v6, and it occurred to me that I should be able to run one of the old 86-95 5.0 dry nitrous kits that feed nitrous pressure to the fuel pressure regulator to spike fuel delivery when the shot hits.  Has anyone done this? 

Side note: I'm only going to be running a 75 shot; and I will be upgrading the fuel system to 30 pounders with an inline booster.

On Mustangs with a return fuel line and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, nitrous pressure can be applied to the regulator to spike pressure and increase fuel delivery.  This is commonly done on 86-95 5.0s.  Stangs with mod motors have returnless systems, so this method would definitely not work.  I noticed that the mechanics are essentially the same between the 94-98 3.8 v6 singleports (minus 2 cylinders) with the Windsor 5.0; so I'm assuming this method should work here. I'm just wondering if anyone here has done it successfully.

Return fuel systems didn't come out until 99 on mustangs

lol wut.

I think you mean returnless.

---

I've never heard of applying nitrous pressure to an FPR... but I've only ever used a wet kit. I'm curious to know how you'd apply 900psi of nitrous to an FPR.

I would run a wet kit if I were you.

For some reason this popped up into my feed and someone liked a post I never made here.. but.. for dry nitrous, the nos kits use a bleed off regulator system, it only sends around a maximum of 50 psi static pressure to the regulator, it is setup just like any other FMU style system, it's introducing positive pressure to the FPR which incorporates 1 lb positive pressure = 1 lb worth of extra fuel deliver.. just like a boosted application (old school vortech SC kits had this system) when boost was introduced it used a diaphragm to achieve the ideal ratio of 12:1 for wot boost.. as you used a larger injector the diaphram rate changes 24lb=10:1 30lb=8:1.etc..same principal concept.. except the nitrous regulator for dry makes it convert the pressure of 900 - 1000 psi to around the max of 50 or so(depending on the shot and jet setup) very simple to use, wet kits are known for pudding fuel into the curvature of the 302 efi intake and then causing a backfire, I always have used dry to prevent this.. I've seen a ported aluminum intake turn into shrapnel from fuel puddling.. ultimately.. choice is yours..

For some reason this popped up into my feed and someone liked a post I never made here.. but.. for dry nitrous, the nos kits use a bleed off regulator system, it only sends around a maximum of 50 psi static pressure to the regulator, it is setup just like any other FMU style system, it's introducing positive pressure to the FPR which incorporates 1 lb positive pressure = 1 lb worth of extra fuel deliver.. just like a boosted application (old school vortech SC kits had this system) when boost was introduced it used a diaphragm to achieve the ideal ratio of 12:1 for wot boost.. as you used a larger injector the diaphram rate changes 24lb=10:1 30lb=8:1.etc..same principal concept.. except the nitrous regulator for dry makes it convert the pressure of 900 - 1000 psi to around the max of 50 or so(depending on the shot and jet setup) very simple to use, wet kits are known for pudding fuel into the curvature of the 302 efi intake and then causing a backfire, I always have used dry to prevent this.. I've seen a ported aluminum intake turn into shrapnel from fuel puddling.. ultimately.. choice is yours..

Nice info. I've never used a dry system, and I never had issues with puddling with 150shot and my Cobra intake. I agree that the single port 3.8 should be gtg with a dry system then... I guess just make sure that the bleed-off regulator is adjusted properly.. if it can be adjusted. I'm going to do some research on those kits. That's one performance path I've never walked down