allen19d

Eaton on a 96?

Okay so i have wanted to get a twin screw supercharger for my 96 mustang cobra and i want to get a ported and polished eaton off of a 03 or 04 termi. or something similar and i need to know what all needs to be done to my block and transmission before i do so to run a good amount of boost safely and i need to know how to make one fit.

96-98 cobras are 4.6 4v B heads, in order to run a termi blower you have to do a C head swap. Google is your friend, there are plenty of write ups about doing this, but it isn't cheap.

As long as your transmission is in good shape, all you really need is a clutch that will hold whatever power you end up making.

No matter what you chose to do, no superchargers require any alteration to the "block" in order to work. Just keep the boost levels safe because you don't have forged internals.

I think you need to do some serious research on what you want to do and consider how much you want to spend. No offense, but you don't seem to have done any research and we cant do everything for you, or give any good advice on such a broad topic. Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions get back with us or even pm me once you have narrowed down your plan more.

This discussion has come up a few times , I was one of the first to ask about it on that other site , lmao . It is very possible it take lots of money from what I have found out . I have honestly thought about changeing to a set of. C heads on my bottom end , but how ever the problem is u need all new brackets , and some accessories r different as well . Either way it is and always will be one of the most badass ideas ever .

Either way , what ever u choose to do good luck , and pull out ur check book . Lmfao

For what it's worth, the Eaton off the Terminator is a roots style blower - not a twin screw. The rotors between the two are different - so they compress air a bit differently. That being said, the Eaton M112 is a fun blower to use. A lot of people knock it - and most who do have never used one and are just regurgitating what they read on the internet.

As mentioned, you need the C heads to do it. If you are up for a head swap and some time under the hood, I say go for it.

The other route is step to the KB twin screw. More $$ for the blower, but by the time you add in heads etc for the Eaton, you're about the same out of pocket.

If you really want the eaton your best bet might be to find a wrecked termi and pull the motor and blower from it. I know a couple people that went that route. Although one of the cars was a Mach 1.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the Eaton off the Terminator is a roots style blower - not a twin screw. The rotors between the two are different - so they compress air a bit differently. That being said, the Eaton M112 is a fun blower to use. A lot of people knock it - and most who do have never used one and are just regurgitating what they read on the internet.

As mentioned, you need the C heads to do it. If you are up for a head swap and some time under the hood, I say go for it.

The other route is step to the KB twin screw. More $$ for the blower, but by the time you add in heads etc for the Eaton, you're about the same out of pocket.

To run a KB twin screw on a B head car your options are the older 1.5 or 1.7 KB units as well as the current 2.1 model. The issue is that none of these are intercooled and you will be lucky to see more than 360 rwhp without meth because of how bad the heat soak is. Even with a meth setup you will make no more than 420rwhp with any of the KB offerings at any psi. This is basically my setup and I only recommend it if you aren't planning on getting into drag racing, except for occasionally. You just heatsoak too fast to be consistent. But it is a relatively cheap way to make decent power on a B head car and it is a very fun street setup if you do not want to go centri.

To run a intercooled KB you must do the C head swap anyway, which opens up many different SC options if you choose to not run the stock Eaton SC. This gets very expensive, but you can make some serious power with a C head swap and a nice intercooled blower setup. Basically this is a termi swap and you can run any aftermarket blower that a termi can run.

The 2.1 kit for the 99/01 Cobras isn't the same as the 03/04 set ups. With the kit from KB you're stuck with the 2.1. If you want to go bigger you need to do the full Eaton swap.

The 2.1 kit for the 99/01 Cobras isn't the same as the 03/04 set ups. With the kit from KB you're stuck with the 2.1. If you want to go bigger you need to do the full Eaton swap.

KB made kits for B head 96-98 cobra in 1.5, 1.7 and 2.1 sizes and none are intercooled.

KB made kits for B head 96-98 cobra in 1.5, 1.7 and 2.1 sizes and none are intercooled.

I know that. My post was in reference to this:

To run a intercooled KB you must do the C head swap anyway, which opens up many different SC options if you choose to not run the stock Eaton SC. This gets very expensive, but you can make some serious power with a C head swap and a nice intercooled blower setup. Basically this is a termi swap and you can run any aftermarket blower that a termi can run.

Just saying swapping to C heads opens up your blower choices isn't correct. In order to run all the blowers available for the 03/04's a full Eaton swap has to be done first. Then all the KB's, Whipples, and TVS's that are made for the 03/04's are usable. But if you just pick up KB's blower for the 99/01, you're stuck with the 2.1. That blower is still good for quite a bit of power, but for some that's not enough.

I know that. My post was in reference to this:

Just saying swapping to C heads opens up your blower choices isn't correct. In order to run all the blowers available for the 03/04's a full Eaton swap has to be done first. Then all the KB's, Whipples, and TVS's that are made for the 03/04's are usable. But if you just pick up KB's blower for the 99/01, you're stuck with the 2.1. That blower is still good for quite a bit of power, but for some that's not enough.

Yeah you're totally correct. Earlier I told him to google a C head swap guide, so I didn't include everything. I doubt the OP is even still serious since he seemed so clueless. I just wanted him to have a general direction, not give him exact info, but you are correct, thanks.

I hope the OP chimes in with something so we can give him more specific help.

I'll give him the same answer I usually give on SVTP....get a centri. He can get a kit with an intercooler and gives him room to grow.

Naw , termi. Blower is not that bad with a little work to it

Oh , and this is not svtp by the way ...

Naw , termi. Blower is not that bad with a little work to it

Oh , and this is not svtp by the way ...

I'm aware what site it is. This question comes up a lot. And I happened to like my centri when I had it.

i'm not totally clueless. i just asked a question and look at all the direction i got. i know the difference between the heads and the superchargers and what needs to be done to my internals, it's exact info that i need in order to do this. and whats a better place to come for a guide then a forum site rather than getting 1000 different peoples weigh in on google. i came here to get exact information because this is specifically sn95s and there are several people that have done all the swaps. i like to just get what everyone has to say on here and subtract and add anything else needed and go from there.

If u go on tork techs web site , look at the kit to mount the m112 on the pi motor and I am prety sure they give u a list of all the extras u will need , like intercooler fluid tank , fluid pump ...... and so on

Is that what ur looking for ? All the extra shit u will need to make the swap go together ?

Maybe that helps ..

Honestly, the turbo will be your best bet. Instead of being limited with what you have (B heads) or if you go with the C heads it'll cost a ton plus all the terminator parts to go supercharged. With a turbo, just change out the front end suspension to a tubular one and get the kit. You'll make more power than a supercharger at the same boost levels, you'll get even better gas mileage, its just all around better.