PRPVinyl

Upgrades to fuel/intake syste,

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]

So I sit here planning upgrades for the Nova, Eventually I want to put a centrifugal super charger on. One of the upgrades would be to the fuel/intake system. Now I am not going to run really large boost, maybe 7 psi to start till I upgrade the engine.

Any way I want to upgrade to a fuel injection system. I am just tryiing to decide if i want to use a throttle body system, or the full intake MPFI style system.

Either system is compatible with Boost. The throttle body system will make for an easier install of the supercharger, as i can just use the standard carb hat style system, i would not have to fab up custom intake tubing.

So what do you all think?

Matt

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2]user_online.gifreport.gif [/TD]

[TD=class: alt1, align: right]progress.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Of course this is going to lead to tedious wiring but you're use to that. Is there any bolt in simple solutions? Im personally not sure on the nova tanks and where fuel interlock adapters are. Easiest is customize the stock tanks for AN fittings. A standard return system would work well too. Id also imagine you'd use a bypass regulator.

Sent by smoke signals

Most of these systems come with pre-terminated wiring harnesses. so they are actually bolt on. About as much work as swapping the carb or intake and installing a new radio. My fuel system coming out of the tank is already 3/8" tubing, so i can frame mount an electric pump and I can use the old vapor return for the fuel return. Right now I am only shooting for about 500HP. Anything more than that would require upgrades to the suspension to really be useful.

matt

Holley has a new TBI system coming out the first quarter of 2013, I want to see where it comes in on price. their website says it is compatible with boost. The other option is the Edelbrock E-Z EFI TBI system, but I am having problems finding info on if it is boost compatible. Right now i am leaning toward the TBI system over the MPFI system because I can use the money saved to upgrade to a 700R4 overdrive trans to make the thing drive-able on the street. Right now on the interstate I am turning 3500 RPM at 65-70 MPH

Matt

Yeah, with 4.10 gears it screams like a raped Banshee on the interstate. So an overdrive is a must. Hell once i put in an OD trans I can actually drive it to Hertford with out killing the engine, Once I put in an OD trans I should only be turning about 2200 at 70, Plus once I add in the FI I might actually get 25 MPG on the highway. I did actually get 28 MPG on cruse we all did one time, but that was before the cam and it had 2.73 highway gears in the axle

Matt

The speedometer gear was correct for the 2.73 gears, The speedometer gear has nothing to do with the tachometer, that is taken right off the coil. The 70 MPH with the 4.10 gears is estimated based on GPS. And you can tell by the scream of the exhaust it is turning some high RPN's.

Matt