Solar

Steeda or APR Wing

Greetings!

Just a little background information, I am slowly building my Mustang for "Canyon Carving" aside for the daily driving comfort. As you may know, I am currently wingless but I was thinking of going with a wing in which I could put it for the weekend when I hit the canyons for functionality.

My questions are:

1- Is it worth it?

2- What would be better between the Steeda and the APR GTC-200 wing?

3- Why?

Don't really care much for the looks as I obviously will be putting it on when I go on the canyons and not for daily driving. I would personally prefer the APR wing due to it being adjustable but my concern between the two wings is if it actually would make a difference in the canyons.

Which Steeda wing? The SN95 style wing is good, but if you want to really go for it, the APR is unbeatable. If you really want to get the bonus of the wing, you need to get it up in the airstream. The SN95 Steeda is a little low. Mostly a step up from the stock wing.

My humble opinion, the best wing out there for function (and style) is the APR. The adjustability is awesome, the height is PERFECT for catching the air off of the roof line. The raised center section of the lead edge combined with the curved trail edge works very well at all speeds. The winglets don't flex at speed (some of the knock offs I've seen have actually cracked the winglets right off). It's also the 'stock' wing on the Roush Trak Pak.

The one thing I will suggest with a wing that aggressive is make sure you have the nose to match. You need a good deal of downforce on the front, otherwise you'll feel how light your front end gets at speed. A good splitter/hood combo will allow you to make full use of the APR.

There are a few good hoods for heat extraction that will help get a little pressure up top - Cervini's make a terminator style, any of the vented Saleen style, Y2K Cobra R (assuming the top vents are open).... You can even cut at GT500 heat extractor into the stock hood. Anything to get hot air out from behind the radiator and up over the top of the car.

There are several options for working a splitter/air dam combo as well. Most of the aftermarket style bumper covers have a flat bottom line to them, so it's as simple as adding a splitter and supports to keep air moving in the right places.

The Roush is a great front end to go with. Check out Brett's splitter set up on his. If you don't want something that aggressive, you can also do something similar to what I do by adding a flat panal flush under the front end so it's not visible but still functional enough to create the pocket of low pressure low and behind the radiator.

if my car weren't a roush I would have saved myself the time and effort and bought a cobra R front. they are more than functional enough only suggestion would be to add rods to the splitter otherwise it will bend.

Wow really? The Cobra R vs the Roush front end?

But yes LilRoush, the splitter on Brett's Roush is a little more aggressive than what I want or even need. I am just trying to have fun up in the mountains with the occasional tracks.

I see. Well that sucks in the sense that I am trying to avoid anything cobra related on my car aside from the IRS.

Any thoughts on the Steeda Cobra R Style front splitter for the GT? Then again, the Cobra bumper sure has a bigger opening for cooling.

Yea, pretty is the other one. Not that I like the regular Cobra R anyways. Well, I was asking all of these questions and then I didn't ask the most important one of them all. For a fun day at the canyons, would these mods even make much of a difference? Basically, should I worry about these mods or should I just continue on with my suspension setup first?