Solar

What is next in order

This is mainly for LilRoush and iRoush but anyone can chime in...

So today I went on a hard canyon run in my current setup to get a feel for my car with some other guys in a M3 and S4. The car did very well but I know I need a lot more done. My current setup is...

H&R SS Springs

Biltein HD Struts/Shocks (not from MM)

MM Bumpsteer

MM CC plates

MM FLSFC

18x9 (265/40/18) front

18x10 (295/40/18) rear

4.10 rear gears

Nitto Invo tires

Now, I know what upgrades I should be getting such as contacting MM for coilovers and their recommended spring setup. I am also looking at the watt's link in which I was thinking of getting next but from today's ride I feel as more should be done to the front than the rear. Here is why; during the turns, I noticed some understeer which I would assume it is because of the staggered tire setup. At the same time I feel as the spring is too stiff.

Reason I was trying to go with the rear setup first (watts link) is because I have already been feeling the movement from side to side on the rear which has been highly uncomfortable and unpredictable. It is already bad enough that on warm tires, I go side to side on first and second gear. In a scary way I mean.

So my question would be. What should I with first? Is the understeer problem just caused by the stagged setup or the spring and damper setup? Should I hold off on the watts link and just go coils in front? If I remember correctly, if I go coils in front, I would at least have to change rear springs to the H&R Race? Anyways, just trying to find best set up.

Another note: If the problem is mainly the staggered setup, well I just bought a second set of wheels for the AutoX events and will be going 275 all around.

The Fox/SN95 chassis has Understeer built into it from the factory. by adding a staggered setup with no way to easily correct it, you're just worsening the issue. Going to an even set of tires will make it feel much more well mannered and balanced.

going between coilovers or watts, it's really a judgement call. IMO, I would go with a new coilover kit, front AND rear. Watts Link will be fine later on, biggest thing you need to do is to eliminate at least one of the UCA's to help the 4-link suspension disaster. Reducing the bind will also reduce the amount of snap oversteer you have and will make the car much more predictable. Just stabilizing the rear end with the watts link will help the car but you're going to still have problems with bind and two opposing roll centers (the UCA's and the watts bell crank). Now this being said, you go 3-link or Torque arm, you'll have full adjustability at the bell crank of the watts, so if you run a staggered setup you can adjust the roll center to induce more or less oversteer/understeer.

Your car's current setup is fine, until you can afford going coilovers on all four corners, I'd run what you have right now, regardless of how the car feels. Way I see it, if you can drive your car at it's worst, driving your car at it's finest will be a cakewalk.

My 1 and a half cents, I installed the Steeda adjustable rear sway bar and it helped with understeer in off throttle turn in at 35mph and above. I didn't/haven't played with it at any stiffer settings than like a 3 out of 10(made up scale because it is just a nut the you tighten.

My 1 and a half cents, I installed the Steeda adjustable rear sway bar and it helped with understeer in off throttle turn in at 35mph and above. I didn't/haven't played with it at any stiffer settings than like a 3 out of 10(made up scale because it is just a nut the you tighten.

he plans on running a watts link. with a watts link an adjustable rear sway bar is not possible, only stock mounted is.