RideTech_Ryan

CX Racing intercooler questions

Ok I know this isnt an s197 forum but intercoolers function about the same on all cars and I value this forums thoughts over others.  With that said, does anyone have any feedback on the CX Racing intercooler?  I have a Vortech V2 that will be feeding it.  Looking for all the pros and cons.

I have a some experience with CX cores but not on Mustang applications.

I run a CX racing core with JHM charge pipes on my daily driver (Stage 3 b5s4.) Can't complain for the price.  Plenty of data logs in the Audi scene showing it does the job its asked to do for half the price of the name brand side mounts.

Ive got the vortech cooler but being as it mounts behind the radiator i cant imagine it really does much good.  I could be 100% wrong but i would think that if its mounted out front with some airflow i would see better benefits out of it.  Plus it looks cool peaking out through the lower grille opening

i cant speak for the cores. however i can say that i was looking for some bulk tubing for my Mazda. i was going to buy from RPS but found the CX racing actually uses the same quality aluminum in their pipes and its thicker!

the more research i do them more im leaning towards their setup.  now if the machine shop would slow down for like a week so i could get in there and get my charger put back together I would be stoked.  The car has been down almost 2yrs.    

i cant speak for the cores. however i can say that i was looking for some bulk tubing for my Mazda. i was going to buy from RPS but found the CX racing actually uses the same quality aluminum in their pipes and its thicker!

Its hit or miss with their "kit" charge piping.

Personal experience with their piping on Audi's = teh suck.  Fit is horrid.