sethg702

expected gains with new intake W/ Vortech V1

Hey guys,

Has anyone here added a upper intake to their set up while being supercharged first?  I found a Edlebrock performer intake upper and lower.  Guy is asking 400 bucks....but my question is, if these intakes can bring anywhere from 30-40 horses (am I wrong?) on a NA motor what would it look like with a V-1 attached to the set up?  Worth it?  At summit racing these intakes are around 700 bucks complete...My supercharger has a 2.95 pulley on it.  Im going off what looks like a serial number on the back of the pulley.  Could be wrong...this car has been a guessing and research game ever since I bought it.  I believe the stock pulley that came with the kit was a 3.33 and provided 5.8lbs of boost.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks for the advice!    

Edited by sethg702

35 minutes ago, sethg702 said:

Hey guys,

Has anyone here added a upper intake to their set up while being supercharged first?  I found a Edlebrock performer intake upper and lower.  Guy is asking 400 bucks....but my question is, if these intakes can bring anywhere from 30-40 horses (am I wrong?) on a NA motor what would it look like with a V-1 attached to the set up?  Worth it?  At summit racing these intakes are around 700 bucks complete...My supercharger has a 2.95 pulley on it.  Im going off what looks like a serial number on the back of the pulley.  Could be wrong...this car has been a guessing and research game ever since I bought it.  I believe the stock pulley that came with the kit was a 3.33 and provided 5.8lbs of boost.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks for the advice!    

I stand corrected....looking up what I had...I have the stock pulley.  3.33.  295 is at the end of that serial number.

definitely worth it.  what throttle body do you have?  you should also get a 70mm if you're putting this intake on.  as for the gains, i don't know that you'll get 30-40hp but it will be a noticeable gain.  for the boost number, meh, who cares.  boost is just a measure of restriction, if you run a more free flowing combo, you'll make more power with less boost.

3 hours ago, Prokiller said:

definitely worth it.  what throttle body do you have?  you should also get a 70mm if you're putting this intake on.  as for the gains, i don't know that you'll get 30-40hp but it will be a noticeable gain.  for the boost number, meh, who cares.  boost is just a measure of restriction, if you run a more free flowing combo, you'll make more power with less boost.

I have a bbk 65mm.  Ill keep this in my play book to add an intake.  Im sure a tune is needed...?