Twista

Hide- away plate System

I forgot my camera so i took some inside pictures. I will get some far out shots today.

How i mounted:

Instructions say mount it towards the back of the bracket, but doing on a cobra bumper resulted in the plate hider sticking out way to much to serve the purpose of a plate hider.

So what i did was use holes towards the front of the bracket but there was only 2 slots to use screws. If you have tools to drill into metal then you could modify this system to work perfectly. I use 2 pointy screws and 2 flat nuts to secure it to the bumper. Drill up into the bumper than find the point of the screw then rotate the flat nut on till it locks.

My bumper/paint looks like crap.. oh well.

Also the underside of my bumper looks like crap from scrapping, so im afraid of how the plate holder will do.

dmejgw.jpg

2ptnx1s.jpg

Zip Ties: I used zip ties to push up the bumper so its not sagging from the extra weight of the plate. Just something i thought of.

How much of the plate shows when concealed or shown?

xbiqhc.jpg

35cla9k.jpg

jsczki.jpg

I used rubber sticky pads so when the plate holder comes in contact with the paint during motion it doesn't damage the paint.

14m4ear.jpg

I might remove the plate today and mount inside the cobra lip to gain more ground clearance.

2052qf4.jpg

ic06dl.jpg- Kind of crooked but ill work that laer

Edited by s4rge

Do you think it hides enough when tucked away to be worth it?

Yes it does.

This is how much you see from the top side.

Let me go take a shot from outside my garage looking in with the plate hiding for you

Went to the park instead. Its to sunny to capture any good pictures, but i did my best.

Its not hidden the best, but still better than driving with the plate permanently showing. I been driving with the plate hidden in cities i know are cool. But the ones that give me a problem i'll just flip it up.

167v6fr.jpg

SAM_1558.jpg

SAM_1564.jpg

mvlyj6.jpg

wrhzlk.jpg

33zed6x.jpg

fm0zgk.jpg

20tj9t0.jpg

15yirys.jpg

120ttub.jpg

looks like a nice little thing, but heres my take on it... so do you manually have to bend down there and pull it forward and hide it? seems like alot of effort just to hide a plate. now if its electronic then thats just bad arse, but if not, kinda seems like a waste of money to me... but thats comming from someone who doesnt have to have a front plate and will never have to have a front plate no matter what state i live in...

Yeah, I'm confused as to what this saves? If you get pulled over, it's not like you can run out front quick and 'fix' it.
whats so confusing about it? if you show your car and you dont want to have a license plate on full display on your front bumper you can tuck it away so it dont show! sometimes you dont want to display a front tag and sometimes you have to....i think its a cool idea! good job twista..

Understandable some aren't getting the point. The point is to run a plate on the front legally. Pull it up and run it all the time expect car shows. I run mine legal at night time no matter where im at because i drive to work @ night and pass tons of cops. Cops at 2am have nothing better to do but sit in empty parking lots monitoring the cars driving which aren't many. Once they see me pass its a easy excuse to pull me over. Not so much now since the plate is always showed @ night time now no matter what.

So its serving its point 100%. To be legally mounted on the front of the car when you want it to be and be able to hide it away for pictures and car shows without having to remove it.

And chances are real high you can get away without a ticket if you say your bracket is broke and not staying up and you just ordered a new one. Now if you have the electric one and push the button after you pulled over if the cop is a ass you could get in trouble somehow and also very likely you'd get let go also. I'd got actual warnings written up for having it on my dash in my car and i got lit up with a cop sitting on the side of me at a red light when she seen i had no front plate. .. BOTH PITA things.

Thats the point :hump: To play the legal system semi-fair without screwing up your bumper and the curves of your car with that plate.

whats so confusing about it? if you show your car and you dont want to have a license plate on full display on your front bumper you can tuck it away so it dont show! sometimes you dont want to display a front tag and sometimes you have to....i think its a cool idea! good job twista..

Exactly its hard to understand the point till you keep getting pulled over just for CRUISING in your mustang doing nothing illegal. If that was to happen to anyone on a weekly/monthly basis then i can see anyone understanding. You then have the people who keep paying no plate tickets... now if you have the money.. go head and do that.

The manual version is "HOT" and "POPULAR" on AM.com for some reason :smile-new:

For $50 it is a great way to gain back a peace of mind. If you have $130 to spend on the powered version then go head.

BTW i havent cruised my fav spots in months because i had no plate and the cops over there hate anyone without a front plate. Guess what im doing tonight? Dropping the top and raising up the plate and go cruise that area.

Im a happy man!

Edited by s4rge

Lol that's cool... That should be in ur Sig... Dropping the top and flipping up the plate... Like i said before, I don't get it, but I don't need to.. I'm glad ur happy with it and won't get anymore tickets... Unless u forget to flip up the plate... :doh:

Sent from my EVO 3D using tapatalk