OnyxCobra

Right rear tail pipe pain in the ass

Ever since I switched to my 18x10 rear wheels I've had trouble with the right rear tire hitting the tailpipe. I'm only running 295 tires and I know a lot of people run wider wheels and 315/335 tires, how do you guys get it to fit? even when I get it to fit I have about 1/8" of clearance between the tire and the pipe, it's ridiculous. Just seeing if there's something I'm missing, I have a mile of space on the left side.

It sounds kindof mongo, but I gave my tailpipe a good swing of the dead blow to dent it so they wouldn't rub with the 315's. Another thing I had to do, which I think helped, was narrowed the h-pipe at the crossover. I have a BBK one so it's a fixed h-pipe so I cut about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch out of the crossover and it pulled the whole catback inward. Completely stopped all the rattling and i believe helped with that tire rubbing. Exhaust is a pain in the ass. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times i've moved and re-fitted mine to keep it from rattling / rubbing.

Yeah it can be tricky, I got my tips welded on with wide tires on. I have changed my h pipe a couple of times, and had to adjust my mufflers b/c the pipe was rubbing against the tire.

Here is my clearance, as you can see its about a 2.25 in pipe into a 3in tip. I want to get some new tips but I am afraid i will have the same issue you are having.

tires6001.jpg