Stangin&Bangin

Short throw problem

As some of you know I have a Shelby GT. Well the factory short throw I guess you could say (Hurst) sometimes sticks when I put it in gear after stopping... I usually start out in 2nd gear and every now and then it just will not go into second.. But if I put it in first then bring it down to 2nd it goes right in... Any thoughts on what this could be?

i would also check the play of the clutch cable... i too on the T-45s had to go from an inch in first gear to go to reverse. i changed the fluid with no luck. i changed the cable, it then worked.

also check the shift stopper or rubber boot that it doesnt interfere with the engagement in the shifter .

i would also check the play of the clutch cable... i too on the T-45s had to go from an inch in first gear to go to reverse. i changed the fluid with no luck. i changed the cable, it then worked.

also check the shift stopper or rubber boot that it doesnt interfere with the engagement in the shifter .

05+ doesn't have a clutch cable. It's a hydraulic set up. That's why I asked if it's been serviced lately. It sounds like it's acting like a clutch that isn't fully releasing. Which could happen if it needs to be bled.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

05+ doesn't have a clutch cable. It's a hydraulic set up. That's why I asked if it's been serviced lately. It sounds like it's acting like a clutch that isn't fully releasing. Which could happen if it needs to be bled.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

i forget that such hydraulics exist. i forget that pushrods exist too.

I know on my F150 I had some problems with the hydraulics on the clutch. Ford uses or at least at the time used Standard DOT 3 brake fluid which absorbs a lot of water. It wasn't changed at the recommended cycle and ate up the slave cylinder. What I'm saying is, if the clutch system hasn't been flushed in awhile, that can change it's effectiveness. If it hasn't already been done, it wouldn't hurt to flush out the clutch hydraulics and see if that helps. It's a little hard to bleed those clutch setups. I ended up having to submerge a hose from the bleeder valve in brake fluid to get all the air out.

Kurt

Change out the fluid to some Synchromesh, it should help it, sometimes even eliminate it. That's how I got rid of my 5th to Reverse on the T45.

Holy shit! Thanks! Now I know what to do. Stupid ass T45...useless!!!!