itsblown93

where to get cams for a 2v?

I dont know where to put this but my friend is looking to get some cams for his blown 2v? He doesnt what to notch his pistons. with that said where is the best place to get cams and valve spring upgrade for a decent price? The car is a daily but is on the strip pretty often and some street racing. What do you recommend?

Houston Performance HP292S cams did me well. I don't recommend the regrinds anymore as people are having issues with valve lash and the cam followers coming unseated. They sell the cams in billet form and they netted me 30-40rwhp on a stock setup.

I mean anything will be better than stock but from what ive seen on blown 2v's ive been the most impressed by these cams which is why I bought them for my blower build. Im pretty sure jivepepper picked up like 100 rwhp with them on his vortech car and others claim 80 rwhp~ Do a little research on them.

Other than that I have no more input since I changed my build up and the turbo doesnt like these cams very much.

congrats man, you'll love the gains from those cams. just be careful as I told you though, if they're regrinds they NEED the shims under the lash adjusters or you will risk dropping the camshaft followers out and getting PTV.