kennyGT

$300 bucks and stuck between two parts

ok so i have a few extra bucks left over after my recent gun purchase, and i was set on buying the bbk 78mm throttlebody/plenum straight through. But my wife brought up a point that i have eibach springs sitting in the garage, and i don't want to install till i get shocks/struts. But for under $300 bucks i don't have the best choices... So should i go with a cheap set of shocks and struts?[which would you prefer under $300] or should i stick with my origanl plan with getting the tb???

I just picked up two monroe gas matics for the front for $59 with coupons lol but you can deff pickup front and rear KYB Gr2's there roughly $60 for the rear two and $65/70 each front strut on ebay... Thats what I would do and its under $300.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

If you are stuck getting stock shocks and struts, make sure you get shocks and struts for a Foxbody, since they work better with lowered cars.

Now I will tell a story. For years I was a Tokico man, and that's what I run in my car. One day I was lowering a friends Foxbody, and at the last minute he decided to get struts and shocks. The only place we could go to get performance shocks and struts locally was the Summit Store and they don't carry Tokico. They did however have KYB adjustables for the same price as the Tokico non adjustables. It was over $300. We went with those. I have to be honest, the KYBs were better than my Tokicos. They ride smoother, and the adjustment knobs are in a much more accessible location. If I ever lower another car, I am definately going with the KYBs.

If you absolutely can not spend over $300, then I would recommend getting the KYBs for the front, and then lowering the car. Changing the rear shocks is super easy, and has no effect on the alignment. You can always go back and put the rears in later.

Kurt

I just picked up two monroe gas matics for the front for $59 with coupons lol but you can deff pickup front and rear KYB Gr2's there roughly $60 for the rear two and $65/70 each front strut on ebay... Thats what I would do and its under $300.

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

If you are stuck getting stock shocks and struts, make sure you get shocks and struts for a Foxbody, since they work better with lowered cars.

Now I will tell a story. For years I was a Tokico man, and that's what I run in my car. One day I was lowering a friends Foxbody, and at the last minute he decided to get struts and shocks. The only place we could go to get performance shocks and struts locally was the Summit Store and they don't carry Tokico. They did however have KYB adjustables for the same price as the Tokico non adjustables. It was over $300. We went with those. I have to be honest, the KYBs were better than my Tokicos. They ride smoother, and the adjustment knobs are in a much more accessible location. If I ever lower another car, I am definately going with the KYBs.

If you absolutely can not spend over $300, then I would recommend getting the KYBs for the front, and then lowering the car. Changing the rear shocks is super easy, and has no effect on the alignment. You can always go back and put the rears in later.

Kurt

So both of you think cheap shocks over throttle body and plenum????