MMR

How to fix broken plastic parts.

CA/super glue and sawdust or even just a piece of paper will do the same thing. Ca is good for some areas but it is also known to be able to crack and be a little brittle. I would use the CA just to quickly hold the pieces together and then using a 2 part epoxy available at autozone called plastic-weld. This stuff basically becomes a solid plastic when it dries but has a little bit of give to it(can bend a little) unlike the CA where it can/will snap again in the same location. With the plastic-weld you would not need any filler or additive to make it stronger.

I just thought it was pretty cool when I saw it.

Plastic parts and I never really get along very well, I always manage to crack or break them somehow..and always the most expensive or hardest to find ones...I must be cursed lol.

Anyway, I just saw this and thought it was a pretty good (and cheap) alternative to buying new parts.

with the plastic weld I have found it easy to mold other pieces into the dash or reshape it as needed. Its suprisingly strong but not brittle, sands easily and takes paint well also. Don't be afraid to glue stuff back together its often not too hard to make is look fine and still be strong.

one warning about the CA/super glue is be very carfull with what you are glueing. I have heard of people getting a drop on their jeans and glueing it to their skin, glueing themselfs to what ever the project is, and in one case glueing you his eye shut. That stuff will stick to anything...