MMR

Play in the steering wheel.

I had my car out for a drive this weekend, I drove it about 20 km back and forward. It has been sitting for a while, I havn't really had time to drive it lately.

Anyway, I noticed alot of play in the steering wheel. I have tried to jack up the front of the car and tried pulling on the front wheels, but theres no play in any of the tie rods.

Where would be the next place to look?

For the shaft you have to get a whole new shaft. Removing it and replacing it is easy, but good needle bearing shafts are pricey. I'd bet on it being at least partly that, though i've replaced EVERYTHING in my front end with new stuff except my rack/A-Arm bushings and I still have some play. Getting these mustangs to feel tight in the front end is pretty hard.

For the shaft you have to get a whole new shaft. Removing it and replacing it is easy, but good needle bearing shafts are pricey. I'd bet on it being at least partly that, though i've replaced EVERYTHING in my front end with new stuff except my rack/A-Arm bushings and I still have some play. Getting these mustangs to feel tight in the front end is pretty hard.

How about this one?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MM-MMST14/94-04-Mustang-Steering-Shaft-Assembly-For-Power-Steering-Rack