RockinHrse_98

Damn Skunk

Well I was driving home from my lady's house late last night and a skunk decided to run out in front of me. Tried to slow down to avoid hitting it, but I hit it anyway, but it sprayed the car right before it hit. Guess I shouolda just sped up lol. It got the engine bay too because when I got home I got out and it smelled like burnt skunk. Now my whole car smells like skunk. Especially the underside. Any ideas how to get the smell off? Dont think a normal wash is gettin this crap off. . . . . Any help is appreciated

Well I was driving home from my lady's house late last night and a skunk decided to run out in front of me. Tried to slow down to avoid hitting it, but I hit it anyway, but it sprayed the car right before it hit. Guess I shouolda just sped up lol. It got the engine bay too because when I got home I got out and it smelled like burnt skunk. Now my whole car smells like skunk. Especially the underside. Any ideas how to get the smell off? Dont think a normal wash is gettin this crap off. . . . . Any help is appreciated

Give it a tomato bath? Idk :(

Chlorine will get the smell off.

Just dont get that stuff anywhere near your clothes, be sure you wear something you don't care about and if it gets on your skin, be sure to wash yourself good after wards with soap.

Well I took it down to the manual carwash today and sprayed the undercarriage, wheel wells, tire tread, and other places it may have hit with engine cleaner. Rinsed it off good and took it home. So far it seems to have taken away the majority of the smell. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for all the suggestions