kucklehead

New maf

They're only an issue if you don't have a seperate IAT sensor. I know the Mach 1's and 05+ have the IAT sensor intigrated into the MAF. If you don't have a seperate sensor you just need to clip the two outside wires on the harness and wire them to an IAT sensor.

Detroit can you see the pics? A 6 pin adapter. Isnt goin to help if my maf DOESN'T HAVE 6 PINS!!!! Sorry but this doesnt seem to be getting through to you. Lol. So im trying to figure out if its just plug and play or what.

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

Take a deep breath. Unless the MAF plug on your harness will plug directly into the LMAF you need the adapter that Det posted. You only need the 4 pins that are already there.Those are the 4 pins needed for the MAF to communicate with the ECU. The other two pins are for an inlet air temp sensor. Which you don't need since you should have one hooked into the intake tube somewhere. Basically, get the adapter Det posted, plug everything in, get tuned, enjoy.

This should be what your IAT sensor looks like:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Air-Charge-Temperature-Sensor/1995-Ford-Mustang/_/N-j1hjqZ9gsls?itemIdentifier=151035_0_0_

Edited by 01yellercobra

This maybe a dumb question, but can't you move the sensor unit from your 5.0 MAF over to the lighting MAF housing?

..or would that have been too easy?

If the 5.0 MAF only has 4 pins it doesn't have the integrated IAT sensor. It's a seperate sensor plugged in somewhere on the intake tube. And no, you can't move the IAT sensor from one MAF to another. It doesn't work that way.

If the 5.0 MAF only has 4 pins it doesn't have the integrated IAT sensor. It's a seperate sensor plugged in somewhere on the intake tube. And no, you can't move the IAT sensor from one MAF to another. It doesn't work that way.

I know the IAT sensor is a seperate unit on the 5.0s and I am not talking about the IAT. I am talking about the MAF sensors sending unit, the one with the wires that it uses to measure the the amount of air going into the engine.

Move that part from the 5.0s stock housing to the lightnings MAF housing.

I know the IAT sensor is a seperate unit on the 5.0s and I am not talking about the IAT. I am talking about the MAF sensors sending unit, the one with the wires that it uses to measure the the amount of air going into the engine.

Move that part from the 5.0s stock housing to the lightnings MAF housing.

You should be able to swap those around. As long as the sensor design is the same. But it will need to be tuned because the MAF transfer will be off because of the different sized housing.