revhead347

Your Experience with Streaming Media?

I've had it with TV, and the wife and I are cancelling our cable next week. I have two refurb multimedia boxes coming in the mail on monday. The cable companies just want too much damn money for 200 channels of bs reality TV. I'm wondering how many people have made the jump to streaming media, and what your experience has been. I've signed up for the trial period of Netflix. What else should I try?

Kurt

I had Netflix and I loved it until they pulled that BS and made two different payments. I canceled my service then but I know they've since gone back, or at least I believe they did. I've heard good things about Hulu but never tried it.

Personally I always felt like Netflix/Hulu didn't have the movies I wanted to see.

I just signed up for Verizon FIOS and they gave me every available option and it's $137 for the first 6 months then $160 after that and they offer A LOT but sometimes I think about getting rid of the phone/TV and only keeping the internet. Although my wife wouldn't approve so that's a no go.

AT&T wants $146/month now for tv and internet, and that's flat out outrageous. We're going back to Comcast for the internet. Trying to keep our monthly expenses down, so I'm not going to get another service. I haven't had a home phone in almost a decade now, and I can't see what I would need one.

Kurt

Yeah. I got phone/tv/internet through Verizon. The internet speeds are 75/35 IIRC which is insane but was only $5 more so I figured why not. Comes with almost every available TV channel unless it's something you have to subscribe to. So all the premium channels which is pretty cool to have so many options for movies when we wanna watch them.

Overall I'm happy with the service but I'd be ok if we just had internet.

yeah but they do tv shows as well, they have a .99 movie a day, they have 2 for $2 plus you anything you buy goes to the cloud, plus you can take your movies you have now to a walmart and they add them to your cloud connection for you to be able to watch when ever from any place you can access vudu.