Slykin

Ticking/Clicking noise

Ever since I finished my clutch install, i've been noticing a ticking/clicking noise coming from the tranny/clutch area. It follows the engine RPM, not the speed.. any ideas? It's driving me crazy. New TOB, pilot bearing, clutch etc.

clutch/shifter rattle/chatter?

i had this problem with the pro 5.0 short throw.... the tranny rattle/chatter was so loud... at first i thought it was just my centerforce clutch causing the chatter... this weekend i switched to a steeda tri ax short throw and chatter/rattle is now completely eliminated.... idk why urs is making noise but thats what solved my issue... hope it helps

clutch/shifter rattle/chatter?

i had this problem with the pro 5.0 short throw.... the tranny rattle/chatter was so loud... at first i thought it was just my centerforce clutch causing the chatter... this weekend i switched to a steeda tri ax short throw and chatter/rattle is now completely eliminated.... idk why urs is making noise but thats what solved my issue... hope it helps

I sure hope not, i'm running a MGW that was fine before the install. I'm about 99% sure it's not that. Thanks though.

Is the TOB riding on the diaphragm fingers? And what brand TOB did you get

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I'm running the stock quadrant etc, so it should be adjusted correctly. Plus, I would think the ticking would be faster if it was clicking against all of the diaphragm fingers. Who knows though.. i'm definitely not a trans expert. The TOB is a FRPP piece.

ps.... new clutches (especially race ones) tend to have alot of clutch chatter...... its just normal. sometimes it goes away or quiets down after putting some miles on it and sometimes it doesnt....

It's a stock LUK replacement, so I doubt it. Also, I don't think this is what clutch chatter sounds like. I'll look up the sound though.

well i know from experience that clutch chatter is pretty loud and crazy after a new clutch install..... did u resurface the flywheel?

From his description it doesn't sound like chatter. Sounds more like counter weights on a CF DF pressure plate

Might just be something you have to live with. As long as everything was done correctly I wouldn't worry about it

:frown: That's kind of what I figured. I wasn't really concerned about the integrity of it all, just annoyed by the noise. Thanks!

Edit: Jess: I hate to shoot down all of your ideas, but it has 800+ miles on it plus an hour of running on the road race track. If it isn't broke in then I don't know what to do about it lol.

After a little driving you won't even notice it

Nahhh, I DD this thing and it's been been annoying me the last month. But, i'll survive.

wellllll then... i guess im being ignored... leavin this thread peace.

:( I replied. No offense intended.

Nahh, mine's plenty loud at WOT, and perfect at cruising. I don't notice the noise as much with the windows down.. but I don't always want the windows down. I notice it a lot cruising around town(slowly) which is what has been annoying me.