Schiffy

Refresh my memory on coil over rates.

I'm wanting to build my car more for the strip, and have been researching coil overs price wise. I found a set of UPR coil overs with 14/175 springs. It's been a LONG time since I've had a car and worried about suspension, so refresh my memory... 14 is the spring. Which is 14" vice 12" which will allow less chance of bottoming out, correct? Then the 175 is spring rate in lbs per inch correct? If I'm remembering right, a 14/175 would be a good front end setup to help weight transfer to the rear? I'm ok with giving up ride quality for launch quality. I just wanted to double check on the spring rate before I pulled the trigger and bought it. So any help/advice is appreciated.

I'm wanting to build my car more for the strip, and have been researching coil overs price wise. I found a set of UPR coil overs with 14/175 springs. It's been a LONG time since I've had a car and worried about suspension, so refresh my memory... 14 is the spring. Which is 14" vice 12" which will allow less chance of bottoming out, correct? Then the 175 is spring rate in lbs per inch correct? If I'm remembering right, a 14/175 would be a good front end setup to help weight transfer to the rear? I'm ok with giving up ride quality for launch quality. I just wanted to double check on the spring rate before I pulled the trigger and bought it. So any help/advice is appreciated.

Spot on. Thsts what 330cube is running on the front of his

From what I understand, the longer spring allows more travel until it binds which I guess would feel like bottoming out. The other part is correct about lbs per inch. I'm not real knowledgeable on drag racing set ups though, so someone else will have to chime in.