Schiffy

Front sway bar...

So when I slap the Coilovers on the front Saturday, I was thinking of removing the front sway bar. I did it on my '95 and could only describe it as "swoopy" afterwards. Anybody see any reason why I can't just unbolt it and remove it? (The sway bar off my '95 is actually still in my garage from 3 years ago...haha)

Moved to Suspension forum

Personally from what I understand (which isn't much as I'm not an expert and others can correct me if I'm wrong) but I see why it might be useful when at the drag strip but for the street it's more recommended to have the sway bar installed.

Moved to Suspension forum

Personally from what I understand (which isn't much as I'm not an expert and others can correct me if I'm wrong) but I see why it might be useful when at the drag strip but for the street it's more recommended to have the sway bar installed.

Damn, how the hell did I miss the suspension forum!? Haha

Mines been gone for years. Before the big and Littles I could still take corners good. There wasnt that much body roll. Unless your auto x'ing then you will be fine without it.

You can always put it back on later if you want

Edited by F8L GT

Mines been gone for years. Before the big and Littles I could still take corners good. There wasnt that much body roll. Unless your auto x'ing then you will be fine without it.

You can always put it back on later if you want

No hard corners here except what I will take in my daily driving, and there aren't any hard corners.

are you wanting it out just to save weight schiff? new bushings and a new sway bar vs. old worn out bushings and an old weak sway bar is night & day.

He's pretty much building a car for drag. for drag you dont want a sway bar in the front

He's pretty much building a car for drag. for drag you dont want a sway bar in the front

Yes, this... lol... I want to be able to drive it everyday, but the overall car will be a drag car...