Schiffy

S281 spoiler

So I brought this up the other day, I know the saleen spoiler does NOT have studs, but the one I'm picking up tomorrow only has 2 bolt holes, does this sound right? I'm not paying anything for it, just trading some old 5.0 parts, but I wanna make sure I'm not getting shafted. Also, is there a specific bolt I need for the install?

the saleen ones had two bolts and used tape on the rest of it.

It has bolt holes, I'll have to get bolts, and I'll have to look about tape, if not, can I get some heavy duty 3m double aided tape?

I think that's the tape he is talking about. That's what I used for my emblems and those bitches don't seem like they're ever going to come off haha

I think that's the tape he is talking about. That's what I used for my emblems and those bitches don't seem like they're ever going to come off haha

Yeah man, I had a buddy use it for his tool box in his truck cause he didnt wanna put holes in it, and it took a jack underneath to break the seal! Haha

yeah I've always heard the saleen s281 spoilers attach with two bolts and tape, the 3m double sided tape for cars is very thin and grips well, I assume that's the kind that it would take.

yeah I've always heard the saleen s281 spoilers attach with two bolts and tape, the 3m double sided tape for cars is very thin and grips well, I assume that's the kind that it would take.

Yeah, now i just got to figure out what size bolts to buy, and i'll pick up the 3M tape this weekend. I might get some white gloss rattle can, and some clearcoat and see what i can do with it... I know it's ghetto, but it's a small piece, so i can very easily strip it down and have it painted. I have painted a few cars with rattle cans and honestly, on my Fox, you couldn't even tell. haha

yeah I'd go for it just to get it on there, if you take your time it could look really good. if the studs screw into the spoiler you could just walk into the hardware store with it and see what fits, maybe measure the length needed before hand.