Tony

STEEDA front and rear sway bars always make noises!

anyone else running these and always here like a clunk in hard turns? it's done this since i installed them a long time ago. was told that they would settle into place and the end link bushings will do that sometimes...i think that's BS, it is buggin the heck outta me. any ideas wassup fellas? thanks :)

Did you put any lube on the bushings? Or recheck the tightness? Only think I can think off obvious
yea, do ya need to keep lubing that shit, lol? i may grab some new bushings tomorrow and put them on the end links. maybe i just got some booty bushings? idk, just wonder if these sway bars are known for being noisy, lol

front and rear both clunk? i could see the cluck happen in the front if the bushings on the frame are sloppy or the joints are bad. IDK how the rear would ever clunk though?

and how do you take "hard turns" without scraping? lol that thing is soooo low!

doing+it+wrong6.jpg
lol, doing what wrong? pretty straight forward install....anywho i've always thought the bushings were cheap and actually looked too fn small when i put them on the end links. never seemed like they would hold the sway bar in place...need to find some better bushings!!

- - - Updated - - -

front and rear both clunk? i could see the cluck happen in the front if the bushings on the frame are sloppy or the joints are bad. IDK how the rear would ever clunk though?

and how do you take "hard turns" without scraping? lol that thing is soooo low!

aaahhh, another "how do ya drive w/o scrapping question...awesome. i have air ride. i can raise and lower while driving. when i say hard turns i dont mean i fucking floor around corners at all times. just sharp turns it will clunk sometimes. from the front BTW

edit: i cant really say for sure it's from the front actually, lol. i just know it def started from day one after they were installed. lol, idk i'll slap on some new end link bushings and see if that does it.

Edited by tony

Tony, that was meant towards me with not tacking the PHB since it clunks.

Sent by smoke signals

lol, ahhhh. i jump to conclusions here and there :( i sawwy

i'm gonna crash for a while. get up...go to autozone or some shit and try to find some fat end link bushings. may end up getting the whole fn end links. i'll let ya guys know how it goes.

lol, ahhhh. i jump to conclusions here and there :( i sawwy

i'm gonna crash for a while. get up...go to autozone or some shit and try to find some fat end link bushings. may end up getting the whole fn end links. i'll let ya guys know how it goes.

Good call man! Total the car out and collect on insurance!

aaahhh, another "how do ya drive w/o scrapping question...awesome. i have air ride. i can raise and lower while driving. when i say hard turns i dont mean i fucking floor around corners at all times. just sharp turns it will clunk sometimes. from the front BTW

Haha I was mostly just joking, I knew you had air ride. Good luck with the new bushings

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure it's the sway bar making the noise? Or did adding the sway bar stiffen up your front that it's causing other problems?
dont say that, lol. a little bit ago i was under there and really yanked around on it like as hard as i could. def making a kinda pop sound right at the end link. i just cant yank and look at the end link at the same time haha.

^lmfao!!

i got it fixed. i just threw some energy suspension end links in it. the were a tad shorter. rz5.0 and dan helped me out on that so thanks fellers. it worked like a charm haha. nice to not here that fn pop every time i turn hard. all good in da hood :)

thanks for the tips guys!!!